How to Post a Picture

TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2014 in Rinker Photo Gallery
I looked for a sticky and also did a search for the old how-to-post-a-picture that we had but I can't find it. Seems that my old reliable picture hosting site "imageshack" has started charging to store an image so that I can retrieve the "direct Link code" (aka Hotlink) needed to insert an image here on the RBOC forum. I'll keep the old account so that my previous pics/posts won't become dead/broken links but I'm not happy about paying to post new images.

I tried Google drive, drop box, and others then searched for a few hrs to find another website but all I can get is the hyperlink website address that has to be clicked by the viewer. Needless to say that most people hesitate to go there and would rather just have the image already open when the thread is loaded with a "direct link" or hotlinked rather than adding another step to click an address to a site where the image can be viewed. What website host or technique are you guys using?

Any specific insight on how to easily post an image here would be helpful to many posters. It seems overly difficult the way it is and would be a nice addition to encourage other users to add depth to their posts if it could be simplified.
Mike
2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl

Comments