Options

removing 342 cabinets from port side

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm trying to remove my bow rail to reseal them but need access to the area behind the coffee maker and the electrical panel.  I spent 3 hours today trying to get this apart and no luck.  Has anyone removed the whole cabinet/shelving unit?  How about getting the coffee maker out?  I can see it is held by screws to the upper shelf, but it won't come out even taking the screws off.

Advice appreciated! 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI
Post edited by Black_Diamond on

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,546 mod
    Good luck. I had it done once by the dealership to replace the coffee maker. It was an all-day job, but I didn't get to watch. Maybe Alswagg can provide some insights?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet he's snowmobiling.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    RWBLACK6RWBLACK6 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    B.D.   An old post from June,2010 states that you first remove the microwave.  The post is from Dream Inn. He said he removed his coffee maker. Check with him.  
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    I ran into a similar problem when I had to replace the microwave. It looked as simple as removing the 4 screws underneath, but the inside board was also glued in place ( the microwave was screwed onto this board.) A lot of chipping and scraping to get the board out then the microwave could be removed and the new one fastened to a new replacement board ( not glued in place, just screwed in with the 4 screws!)
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    rinker342crrinker342cr Member Posts: 39
    alswagg can u also give me the instruction i also need to replace coffee maker and microwave ive tryed for hours finally tomorrow was going to try crow bar lol and last sledge hammer
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    A crowbar and sawsall is about right.  I gave up and did a destructive (one way) remove of my coffee maker.  The brackets holding it in were plastic and I was able to cut them with a hot knife once I had the screws from the top removed.  The cabinets were not made to come off easily.

It appears that the piece of black trim along the bottom of the space for the microwave is glued into place.  That keeps the micro from coming out even after the bolts get removed.  

It's a major PIA any way you look at it.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I had to get into my electric panel and I had to replace my micro........ Major PITA to do. I hope I never have to do that again.......... Just say'n.........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com