Options

How to remove Horizon 600 series windlass

Ravens1274Ravens1274 Member Posts: 11
I am having issues with my windlass.  It goes out with no problem, but it won't come back in.  It starts slowly, then just stops.  I am trying to remove it from the boat to look at it, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove it.  I have a Fiesta Vee 250.  Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Welcome to the forum!
    In the cabin, remove the mirror in the “V” birth. Be careful the Velcro is very strong. There should be an access hatch behind to access the nuts for the windless.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I've done all of that, but I'm missing something.   These 4 nuts are for the anchor cleat.  I cant seem to get access beyond those 4 nuts 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like your access hatch is very low? You don’t see any nuts if you look up in the hole? Maybe use a small mirror and flashlight.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I'd bet that if you stick a mirror and a light in that rode locker access and look up you'll see the mounting nuts. Gonna be a biatch to get at though.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    ok.  Thats what I thought.  Making sure I wasn't missing something.  Thanks.  
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be bold!  Where that square cut out is, run a saw across horizontally on one side. Will get you the access you need. Get a piece of flat aluminum to use to reinstall the piece (screw / bold & nut). 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭✭
    Or cutout below the square and keep the piece, put back with a piano hinge and latch.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/