Breaker panel on 270 helm

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
All those breakers at about knee level on a 270...how do they wire up?

I imagine there's a single large power feed to the helm that feeds each of those breakers?  Anyone know?
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wires are the devils work. I avoid them

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury - agreed they can be.  I want to wire something to the accessory switch on the helm and wondering if I can use an open breaker from that panel or what.  It's not a big load so I might just jump off of the cigarette lighter feed.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    I just don't mess with trying to add anything electrical. I can trouble shoot a switch etc that kind of stuff but to afraid I will catch something on fire...would love to take an electrical course. Stuff I'd like to do around the house...to expensive to have someone do it
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭
    12v- Connect black to black and red to red
    110v- white is neutral, black is hot and bare copper is ground. 

Now get out there and connect some wires. What's the worst that could happen. 

1997 Bayliner 3988
    edited July 2020
    That's the spirit! Totally unrelated, for example, in our living room I pulled a ceiling fan and installed a really cool light. There is a switch on the wall...I assumed the switch controlled it....the switch actually controls the lower half of the outlet and the wires that go to the light are just hot so no way to control it. I had to pull the bulbs out and that was 5 years ago!
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Goods news...there are leads coming off of the accessory switch just capped off.  I can tie into those.  Easy peasy
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3