Toilet seal..looking to buy right model of seal

scousinescousine Member Posts: 73
Hi everyone, I have a rinker 2006 390 express cruiser,  i am turning on and off the breaker as every 20 minutes the air pump restart. I am assuming , while the water does not seem to go away , that it s the seal i have to replace. This being said, I can t see exactly the toilet model other than sealand. Anyone would know what brand of toilet this and even better the type/Size of seal i must buy. 

Thanks

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    You probably need to replace the duckbills in the actual vacuum generator.  There are 4 of them. It is located under your port side seat with access thru your ice maker.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• scousinescousine Member Posts: 73
    Ok thanks, i know you can get tomtje vacumm generator through we have in the room at the btc t the boat but probably easier access by remove ice machine.  4 duckbills i will remember this and will get it done by professional this fall .  So if the water doesn t leak, more chance that it is duckbills than toilet seal?
    yes, if water doesn't leak from toilet (make sure you put your ear near the toilet to hear for a hiss) & no hissing (if there is a hiss, it could be leaking thru the shaft of the foot pedal), then it is most likely the duckbills.

Thanks, much appreciated
    Thanks dream_inn , I have checked and indeed there is a hiss coming from the foot pedal, can i remove it and tight something in there? Or is there a part that needs to be replaced?
    edited August 2020
    Here is the kit you should buy:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LLYQFQM/?coliid=IYOS09QT7VR4G&colid=3L5SAYULEBG0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

the metal piece will replace the current plastic one you have.  & since you are taking the toilet apart, you should just replace these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WHWW7H4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's not too bad of a job (lot easier to get to than the duckbills, but you should be prepared to replace those as well soon).

Turn the water off, run water pressure completely out, flush toilet and then turn vacuflush off.  Next, remove hose/breather in back of toilet (just pulls out the back, make sure it inserted in well when placing back in).  Then loosen large clamp around middle of toilet & lift off top portion of toilet & set in shower.  Notice the rubber seals and how they come off (may be stuck on bottom of top portion or on top of ball on bottom portion).  Next are the two screws (it came with new ones -black ones, so you can see the size of them) that go into the left side of pedal. Rotate ball over and remove the screw (again, you get a new one, actually two) from the ball.  Yes, that area can be a bit yucky and you may not even see the screw head because of crap (literally sh$t).  Now you can pull the pedal and shaft out and remove the ball.  

The rest is just putting back together.  Note the spring in the black piece and the notch that has to go into the pedal for it to work correctly.

Oh, and cleaning it up and then using some silicon spray, especially where the metal shaft goes and where the ball slides is a good idea.  If you overtighten the two black screws, the ball may stick a bit.  Again, use some spray on the ball too.

Thanks again, i have ordered the items you mentioned and will see how it goes. Much appreciated !
    Hi Dream Inn, just few words to thank you , i have followed your instruction and the toilet seem now working perfectly fine. Only little issue i need to figure out is may be i did not put back the pedal the right way, i can flishn water comes in at the same time but when i push the pedal up to add more water, does not work for some reason. As i said , while it seems all good, i mustnhave done something incorrect when imput back this pedal.
    Uh oh, the black spring that came with this kit may not be correct possibly.  You may have to use the old spring that you had, it should work fine and you only have to take the two screws on the pedal off.  I'm very sorry if the spring ended up being the wrong one.  I had to reuse myself spring during some of the replacements I did because it wouldn't fill, so maybe was same issue.  But I thought this kit had correct one.

I will give it a try . Thanks again !