2000 270 FIESTA VEE HELP

JarodjayJarodjay Member Posts: 29
WE ARE NEW BOAT OWNERS AND ARE LOVING OUR BOAT. A FEW QUESTIONS (I DID SEARCH THIS FORUM FIRST BUT I AM NEEDING SOME CLARIFICATION). OUR BOAT DID NOT COME WITH A COCKPIT TABLE. IT DOES HAVE THE ROUND OPENING IN THE ENGINE HATCH. CAN AN OEM TABLE AND MOUNT BE PURCHASED THAT WILL FIT IN THAT SPACE? ALSO, WHAT COOLER FITS INTO THE STARBOARD SIDE? I READ IT IS AN IGLOO 25QRT. IS THAT CORRECT? DO ALL IGLOO 25QRT COOLERS FIT? THE REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE THE ONES I HAVE SEEN ONLINE LOOK LIKE THE SLOT IN THE HANDLE  IS TOO LARGE TO HOLD THE COOLER SNUG. THANK YOU FOR ANY AND ALL HELP! WE TRULY APPRECIATE IT.

Comments

• trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    try = http://www.springfieldgrp.com/
    i use a soft side from walmart fits and works
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Premium-Jumbo-Tote-Cooler/52620406

welcome = where do you boat
    we hava 270 great boat
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can have a custom table made by @diggin2day1 if you’re looking for a specific size and design.
    2008 330EC
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    yep email digging 2day 1 quality stuff 
    great boat 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    for the cooler you might want to take a look at removing the cooler insert and get a door made at great lakes skipper to fit the opening .Their is a lot of storage space under there 
  • Kaptain_KenKaptain_Ken Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    The cooler that fits in the spot is the Igloo 25 Quart Marine model 5776. However it is no longer made. The current marine model in this size is the Igloo Contour 25 Quart model 46944 but I don't know if it fits. Maybe you can find an old model on ebay?
  • JarodjayJarodjay Member Posts: 29
    Thank you Ken!
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Jarodjay to the forum. We also have a 2000 270 and love it. Considering selling but for reasons not associated with the boat itself.
    Anyway, on the subject of the cooler, don't sweat it, you're not missing much. When we got our boat 4 years ago I searched high and low until I found a new original. I'm just weird that way, wanted it all original. But I have to tell you we've only used it a handful of times. The cooler is junk, we all laughingly refer to it as the "ice melter". It's ok to keepd lunch cold for a couple of hours, but that's about it.
    Instead we typically fill the space with either our beach bag, or another small cooler about the same size but better quality. It doesn't slide into the little retaining "bumps" like the original, but unless really rough water it stays in place. If we do keep the boat I'll likely do what other's have done and rig up some doors for more storage, or I've even had thoughts of expanding the cutout and putting a second small fridge in the space.

Anyway, there are several of us on here that have that model 99-01 270 and even the later models didn't change much so if any other issues feel free to ask for help.
    Cheers!

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    You have convinced me! Forget looking for the cooler....not worth it. Thanks for bringing that rationale. Do you know anything regarding my question about using the hole in the center of the engine cover to mount a table? Currently it is a screw-off plastic piece....I assume to reach in and pull the pen on the cylinder for the hydraulics. 

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I have had to pull the pin on my 280 and for me it was not under the table mount as I assumed. I had to remove a floor vent in the rear storage and reach in, yours may be different. I would figure it out now before you have to do it for real. 

I am gonna get a longer pin with a much better grab handle. Pulling that thing was not easy. I have considered removing the bolt that allows some adjustments so I don't have to worry about it should it happen again. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarodjay said:
    Do you know anything regarding my question about using the hole in the center of the engine cover to mount a table? Currently it is a screw-off plastic piece....I assume to reach in and pull the pen on the cylinder for the hydraulics. 

You are correct. Its an inspection plate to pull the hatch actuator pin if needed. So don't know if you'd find a table mount that attaches to it but even if you did there wouldn't be room to sit behind it. I'll try and remember to take a pic but I mounted a table base to the port side of the hatch that allows a small table to be mounted fore and aft if sitting alone or side to side if you want to sit behind it but you'd have to be real skinny. I've also seen swing out options that allow you to mount it on the side and swing out of the way when not in use.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Thank you again Willhound!
    Thank you again Willhound!