Options

Dometic fridge replacement- 7500000113 tundra

Good morning ,

looking to replace our fridge (the one inside the boat not the cockpit one) on our rinker 390 2006 express cruiser. ( having issue with our freezer that makes too much ice and the door of the freezer is broker previous got this door hanging with velcro :( ) . Any suggestions on a replacement and where to buy?

thanks and have a nice day

Sandra & Stephane

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭✭
    The freezer “freezing up” is likely due to the door not fitting well and/or seals letting in humid air. Mine rapidly builds up when I neglect to close and latch properly. Have you tried to source a new freezer door? I got one for my original unit in my 2003 310

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    scousinescousine Member Posts: 73
    Thanks icoultha. Would love to find a freezer door and see if it makes a difference. Hard to find for this model which goes back in 2006 , any suggestion where i could find part to replace this freezer door ( currently it s broken and hanging with velcro) i coudl by this and a new door.
  • Options
    What model you have? Mine is an Isotherm but I thought Dometic and Isotherm had some common parts.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    it s a dometic tundra fridge, you can see the freezer door is not closing well,hanging just by some velcro and to your point , there is a space that let air in. Unless you met the door of the fridge itself..
  • Options
    Photo and post the tag on he right hand side. The main seal keeps cold in and warm moist ot but the freezer door also relies on a good fit to keep the colder air inside it.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
  • Options
    Just posted the fridge information , if someone knows where i could buy a replacement for the freezer panel inside of this fridge
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a TJ42AC. Your best bet is to either remove it and measure the opening, or see if you can use google to find the cut out dimensions. Then look at options from Vitrofrigo, Isotherm, Norcold and Dometic to see what will fit. Vitrofrigo has some very nice, affordable options, I recommend them. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Anyone think instead of buying a whole new fridge i might find the parts needed to just replace the freezer panel parts
  • Options
    When you say your freezer makes too much ice, do you mean that the walls around your freezer are building up with ice too quickly? If so that means that hot air is getting in to your fridge and you need to be sure that the openings on the back are well sealed with putty, and most importantly that the seal around your door is in good shape. If your door seal is leaking, that is the main issue here. 

• Options
    Thanks liberty44 visually the seal around the door “ seems’ fine. For the observation of looking at the back, you mean inside of the fridge but at the back of the freezer compartment? Needs to be sealed.
  • Options
    You can do the “dollar bill test” on the door seal, very common for refrigerator door seals. Also you can put a light in the fridge, close it and turn off all cabin lights and look to see where you see light coming through the seal. As far as the back of the fridge there will be things coming in to the freezer area like Freon pipe and thermostat wire, these should be nicely sealed from the back with housing puddy from Hoke Depot (seals stuff going in and out of your house like wires and air conditioning lines). 

• Options
    Thanks , much appreciated.
  • Options
    If ever i need to replace the door seal...any suggestion where i could procure this one?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    On the galley fridge on my 342 there was no oem replacement, had to order it custom. I actually ordered one online and then cancelled the order because I could not figure out a good way to put the new one on. Was not an easy track removal and install. I ended up using liquid electrical tape on the one hole I had in the gasket, I then used a hair dryer to soften it up and vasalined the entire seal to keep it more soft and plyable. Lastly I bought thin weather stripping and put it under the seal to give the seal some new beef undernieth because it had naturally become collapsed. This all made a big difference, had the boat for 3 1/2 more summers and the fridge kept 34 - 40 F no problem at setting 5 or so. Also much less freezer frost. These things are not self defrosting so you will always get freezer frost which should be thawed when it gets to 1/4" thick. Should be thawed every couple of months (although I've left it the entire summer and it never got to 1/4" thick). 

• Options
    Very useful, thanks again
  • Options
    Good evening , following on the last information here. This spring I will try the suggestion of @Liberty44140 . If this work , then my next step will be if i can find replacemenr formthe two freezer door (the one for the TJ42AC) for which I have ice accumulation issue and the other one in my cockpit which is also a tundra model. Both freezer door have these plastic holder in the back broken. The bigger one has both broken ( precedent owner added valcro to hold the panel :S and the other smaller one is holder only by one.  See attached picture. Anyone would know a) could i ourchase these freezer door panel somewhere or b) any tip on what i could do to repair the broken plastic holders. See pictures.