1996 Rinker 212. Water fills mid-cabin bulkhead every time it rains.

DonGarganoDonGargano Member Posts: 60
I have to pump this out everytime it rains, and there was mildew and mould in the insulating fabric along the walls of the cuddy cabin.  The anchor storage bin on the bow seems to have a plastic liner that is warped. Has anyone had this type of problem, and how can I solve it.
Thanks

Best Answers

Answers

• DonGarganoDonGargano Member Posts: 60
    yes, the locker has a small drain hole at the bottom, which empties out on the starboard hull.  That being said, even when the boat trailer's jack is at full height, the locker does not fully drain.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drain may be clogged
    Ok,  I did try to clean it out earlier this season, perhaps a power sprayer or air compressor.  I'll still need to do something about the warped plastic insert.  It's so badly warped that the rear wall of the locker 'box' actually protrudes out beyond the lip of the hatch 
    I'll post a pic tomorrow when I pick up boat for storage
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be hard to find for that age of a boat. You may get a plastic company to make one. 
    Okay Handyman342 - today was clean out the boat in prep for storage day.  Regarding the anchor hatch, I used 3 self tapping metal screws, and screwed the rear side of the box back into the fiberglass bulkhead that separates the hatch from the cuddy cabin's interior.  Should work!  Have an electric dehumidifier sitting inside the cabin now - in hopes of drying everything out.  Used a mould/mildew removal product, which removed the old stains.  Next task will be to try to dry out the carpeting in the rest of the boat.