Crowley Marine in Denver

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone else have experience with Crowley Marine in Denver?

Ordered a bunch of Mercruiser parts from them in August and still have not received my order. I used them because their website gave the impression that they either had all the parts in stock - or would have all the parts quickly  - so I thought one-stop shopping would be better than ordering from multiple sources.

After I ordered they said it's non-refundable since the items are "special" order and once they order it and pay Mercruiser I can't get a refund.

Started looking at the BBB website and seems like I'm not the only one who's had this same issue.

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I believe this issue came up on here back in the spring. 

Back in August? Maybe this was what I read before. Have you called Mercury to see if the parts are available, maybe crowley is just being slow. Can you file a charge back claim on your card? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they are aweful.  Won't shop there again ever.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered from them in the spring and had a very good experience. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I just contacted them through their website.

They've shut down their phone number for contact citing: "To maintain a high level of service and better support our customers we are not taking calls at this time. All inquiries will be handled through our website."

In the auto-reply I just received it states: "
    It takes us roughly 3-5 business days to get any out of stock item in from the manufacturer before we can ship the order out to you using the shipping method selected at checkout."

So at least I have documentation directly from them admitting that this stuff is way late if I need to go through the BBB for a refund.

We will see what they say.
    I would just do a chargeback on your CC (goods not received) and move on. 
    YYZRC said:
    I would just do a chargeback on your CC (goods not received) and move on. 
    Thanks. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, but since the deadline for contesting a charge is tomorrow (60 days from order), I did just submit the claim to my credit card.

So if they send the stuff fine, and if not, I should be covered.
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    When you ordered the items what was the projected shipping date? From what I read about them it sounds like they probably said it would ship in a few days and now here is day 60. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    Shipping date was basically, "We will let you know when it ships."

Whenever I would check the order status 3 of the 5 items said "preparing for shipment" and the other 2 items said: "On purchase order with Mercury MarineWaiting to be received."

I should have probably jumped on it earlier, but just gave them the benefit of the doubt that they really were waiting for the parts from Mercury and not just stalling.
    Sounds like you’ve been more than reasonable. 
    edited October 2020
    So here's the update: Crowley's responded to my inquiry last week and said "Sorry. It will ship today, or by Thursday (10/22) at the latest." Thursday came and went and no word from them it shipped. Asked again what's the tracking number? No response. Sent another email telling them the charge is being contested since I didn't get the merchandise. Just got an official "Order Canceled" email from them. Now I just need to make sure I get the money back from Visa.

Remember to check the BBB for reviews before ordering from somewhere the first time and the deal seems to good to be true. Or just listen to fellow Rinker forum members for recommendations!
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    So i thought this name sounded familiar.  Back in June i ordered a part when i was pulling together the pieces to create a digital dash.  I had the same experience.  I ended up in an email battle with customer support.  She (Khalena Nasser Silva) was nice enough but i could tell she was simply there to placate and delay.  She tried to say at the time that this was all normal.  I literally copied portions of their website that disagreed with her.  That the part was showing in stock but 2 weeks later it still wasn't processed for shipment.  Long story short they sent me the part the next day.  I guess i was able to convince them to actually put something they said they had in the mail.  

Fast forward a few months.  I am diagnosing why i can only see one engine on my digital display and finally figure out that i have a loose connection in one of the wires.  Guess which one?  Yep.  So not only shoddy service but then the part i get has issues.  They are definitely on the do not buy from list. Even though they will show up with the best prices. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!