I forgot about this forum.

Sorry everybody but I forgot about this forum.  I posted before my wife and I bought our 270.  While doing a search for emblems a discussion popped up on a search and it led me back to here.  This will be our 4th year on our 270.  So far we are having a blast.  Last year was possibly the best year out on the water.  Last year I sunk some serious cabbage in the boat.  New Fusion stereo.  Everything from the head unit, remotes, sub, speakers and amp.  Snap-In carpet in the cockpit area.  I also installed Sea Deck on the swim platform.  This winter I removed the outdrive and replaced the clutch cone assembly.  Owning a boat is a blast!

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And expensive!!!
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear!  How do you like the Sea Deck?  We've had some discussions here lately about whether faux teak gets too hot in the sun.  How is yours?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Nice looking boat and welcome back to the forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• cotnerkccotnerkc Member Posts: 20
    The Sea Deck never got hot last year.  We are on Seneca Lake in New York.  July and August was hot.  The Snap-In carpet got hot running the canal.  We knew that before we ordered it.   
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Hey Cotnerkc,
    Any more details on the Fusion upgrade? Like it?

Got a boat stereo nerd revamping our boat system as we speak. New deck, Fusion RA670 w/3 zones, adding a JL 800W amp to the existing  JL 700W. Helm remote, maybe a couple battery remotes & two  JL7.7 cans in the arch. (8 speakers & 2 subs.)

Never realized that Fusion was part of Garmin. Explains a lot.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cotnerkc do you still have the template pdf for your SeaDek? 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    @mattie This is my system.  The head unit is a MS-RA70NSX, a set of 6.5” for the helm and a set of 7.5” speakers for the cockpit, a 10” sub, two MS-NRX300 units for the helm and transom door and the SG-DA51600 amp.  I left the original stereo go down in the cabin.  There was nothing wrong with it.  We listen to that while we are in bed.  Only thing about two subs is I’ve heard that they will shake things loose or you might hear more rattling.  I was going to get two and a friend of mine talked me out of it.  This system is loud enough with plenty of base.  I might add another set at the transom pointing towards the swim platform.  Or I might get tower speakers that I can unhook and keep out of the weather while not in use.  I can mount them on the grab handles.  
    @Cableguy Greg. I’m am looking for all the information that I have.  My wife may have that.  She was the one dealing with Sea-Deck and Snap-In.  
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat! I have been always way behind on sound systems. I dont think I have ever owned a stero system for a home. Our 270 has the original system that came with the boat- it does have a large amp mounted over the tv but same speakers- none of the remotes for the helm nor platform work...if I could go down to the Joe's stero and CB radio store of old and dropped 500 bucks...you guys have to be near 10 grand...🥺 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! So I'm guessing my platform is factory so this would be it? By the way, what exactly can I do with this?🤔
    @rasbury if you send me your email I can forward the email that they sent me with this template.  There’s many different color options and thickness’s for the pad.  http://wwwseadek.com/ You can go on SeaDecks website and look at all the different options.  My wife dealt with Kimberly Crawmer.
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    SeaDek just needs the template number and they can send you the pattern in plastic to test fit. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    @cotnerkc good pic with all the stereo equip.

I may rethink my Fusion remotes plan.

I currently have two wired Sony remotes - my plan was to replace existing wired remote at the helm with MS-NRX300.
    At transom I was gonna replace the current wired remote & use the new bluetooth remote MS-ARXW. 

But I'd probably be better to use 2 proper Fusion wired remotes, instead of the bluetooth.

Overall you happy with your set up??
    @mattie I’m very pleased with this system.  Everybody else that ties up to me is happy with it as well.  I liked the wired remotes because when I’m under way I can change whatever I want at the helm.  With having a screen I know what channel I’m on.  Also same with the transom door.  I don’t have to go in the cockpit to change stations or volume.  
    What's your preferred source?  Are you streaming music online, like Pandora?  Or using Sirius XM?  
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We like to use Pandora.
    2008 330EC
    I had to quit Sirius XM.  The sound quality is terrible.  Pandora all the way, or iTunes for stuff I own.
    I have Sirius and Spotify.  
    edited February 2021
    LaRea said:
    I had to quit Sirius XM.  The sound quality is terrible.  Pandora all the way, or iTunes for stuff I own.
    Interesting, didn’t know there was a difference. Does Sirius use lower bit rate or something?

@mattie I have Sirius on the boat and two high-end cars.  It sounds okay for Comedy Central, or for background music when people are sitting around yakking.  But the sound is terrible when I have the volume up, or I'm listening to some hi-fidelity stuff (which I do a lot).  There's no high end, too much compression, and tons of phase distortion.  

Also I think the music stations on Sirius are limited and boring.  (But then, even my wife says I'm too picky about music!) 

I always stream from the phone.  Didn't even bother connecting the Sirius antenna when I upgraded the system.  
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, my limited use of Sirius/XM I found the volume levels lower than broadcast or a line in and when turned up quality was poor. Plus what you hear in the morning you get in the afternoon - an 8 hour loop practically. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

edited February 2021
    I had no idea about the sound quality difference. Glad to know since I'm plowing $$$ into the sound system this season. In past when I have been cranking loud music at the sandbar it was old school via aux in & ipod. 

My wife just got a new Lincoln Aviator with the 28 speaker REVEL sound system. Awesome crazy sound out of that rig.

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I have always just used streaming music from my music subscription. I don't like Sirius/XM since they only play what they want and it seems to loop to often plus there is talking and commercials. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988