Canadian TV show

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Non-Boating Related
Been watching this Canadian TV show called Heartland. Love it and it appears its being filmed around the Calgary area. Anyone know this area? Its beautiful

Comments

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First you bail on Rinker, now you bail on the USA, shame!!
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    j3ff, were not so bad up here. When they open the border you should come for a visit, if you need a break from government drama and need some fresh air 
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    goalie59 said:
    j3ff, were not so bad up here. When they open the border you should come for a visit, if you need a break from government drama and need some fresh air 
    It's def a life goal to go on a trip to Canada!! Want to take the train across the land. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been to that area several times. Calgary is located in the foothills of the Rocky's and a short drive to Banff and Jasper national parks. Nice area. About as redneck as Canada gets. Usually moderate dry summers but winter can be tough sometimes because of the altitude. Close to the badlands and Dinosaur Provincial Park, another good stop.
    Get that 5th wheel wound up Handy. When the border opens, if it ever does.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound Yeah we can't wait to see Canada starting in New Brunswick first to see @halifax212 first and Oak Island. Won't like the fuel prices I'm sure
    edited February 2021
    Definitely higher because of the taxes. But don't forget the 35% premium you'll get on the USD. But be sure to get some Canuck bucks either before coming or right at the currency exchange at the border where you'll get the best rates. Most large cities and tourist areas will take USD but you'll get 20% at best for the hassle. Keeping in mind that nowhere in the U.S. will take our money. Your best bet is your credit card. Even the smallest shops and stops will have debit/credit machines. Hardly anyone carries cash here anymore. But good to have cash for tips and quick coffee stops etc.
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    I totally thought this thread was going to be about letterkenny.  

• halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @Handymans342  I'll get the lobster pot ready :)    Canadian tv shows...Trailer Park Boys anyone?   Created and filmed in Halifax. Pretty rough but funny.
    Trailer park boys I'm sure is a national treasure.

J rock from trailer park boys plays a Mennonite in letterkenny.  
    Haven't seen Letterkenny yet as it's on a pay channel that I have no use for. But from what I've seen it's pretty much me and my buds as we grew up in Northern Ontario. Hoser's Eh! Trailer Park Boys is a classic, especially the later years when it aired on Netflix so didn't need to stay so PG. The episode with Snoop Dog was hilarious.
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Me and "the boys" Circa 2001..,Bubbles, Ricky , me and Julian.  Getting some business cards done at my shop.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You looking good Brian! Where is the weed? LOL
    Letterkenny has jocks(hockey players), hicks, skids(drug kids) and degens(degenerates) 

They also get some good coverage of their French speaking neighbors, even some of the BC guys.  

All their seasons are on Hulu.