Options

Electrical circuit

marke52896marke52896 Member Posts: 10
Just getting my 1990 Fiesta Vee 250 ready for the season but I can't get electric to the galley. Batteries charged and breaker to on position but no power??  Is there a mainline fuse or breaker to check?

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you plugged into shore power?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    No, still on trailer, battery only.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Are you sure you get power to the galley without shore power? On my 2001 242 I can only get power to my micro wave and stove with shore power. My fridge works off of the batteries.
    2008 330EC
  • Options

Just bought this boat at the end of 2013 season. I can't speak for microwave but fridge worked at the end of the season. Lights, blower, bilge, etc., all worked at the end of the year. It was winterized, batteries removed, etc.  

This year installed batteries, and nothing.  Batteries are fully charged, the only system that worked for initially was galley pump which I cycled off and on for a few seconds while I was trying to figure out why the other systems would not work. Them all electrical functions stopped. Rechecked batteries and still charged but nothing to any other system on the boat.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stating the obvious, but are your battery switches on?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Yes, battery switch is on. I have switched between each single battery and dual and that makes no difference.
  • Options
    Maybe the switch is bad? Can you check and see if power is going through it?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I checked to see if power was making it past the switch and it appears to make it to the next connection.
  • Options
    RinkerYan, I think ground also but on Battery 1 there is only the main ground and positive leads, on battery two again main ground and positive with smaller positive and negative ran to aftermarket Stereo (which works).  Other than each main negative connection and the negative to the Stereo no other grounds. 

As I say I thought that but could not find any other loose wire.  Even if it were a missing ground won't both batteries have a missing ground??
  • Options

I found one small gage ground wire that was broken that went connected to negative side of either battery gives me some power. Cockpit lights, bilge pump, transom light and horn.  These switches start on the right and run four across. Past the fourth switch nothing so it might be a bad switch. No ignition , no cabin lights, NAV lights or galley power. Odd, even turning the key on no power to any gages.  More testing Thursday.

I really appreciate the input. Grew up boating but stopped when my kids got involved in sports. Loved my time on the lake so at the end of last season bought this boat. While we did not put it in the water it did all work.  Already have a slip on Nolin Lake here in Kentucky and looking forward to a return to the water. Boating community has been very helpful, thanks.

• Options
    Long night testing but finally found a wire under the Helm that had worked loose. The Yellow protective clip was in-place but the connector had pulled loose. Finally able to get her fired up, love the sound of the engine............... but then found one of the shift cables (original so 24 years old) has stretched past the point of adjusting, new cable on order.

Thanks again for the help.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to stick with it! Persistence pays-off :-) MT