in the market for a 270

BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited May 2014 in United States

Hey y'all. I read summerx's post on his (her?) find and felt I should drop a note in case someone knows of a good, gently used 270 for sale.

Wish list (in order):

6.2+, Bravo 3

Fresh water

AC

Swim platform

Genset

I'm willing to travel for it so don't be shy. I'm in DC. Excited about the upgrade! I have a slip with no boat right now and that's never a good thing...

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Any year (s) in particular you are looking for?  There may be one or two in my marina, I'll have to check.  There are almost always one of each size for sale in my marina since there are so many Rinkers there (used to be a Rinker dealer).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me. If you lost my number then drop me a PM
    Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine in Pittsburgh is considering selling his 270. It is Merlot, with a B3. Not sure what engine. It has the swim platform, and AC/Heat. PM me if you want me to get you more info.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014

I'm hoping to stay under 30k. closer to 20 would be ideal. it all depends on the boat, as you all know. but that pretty much means an early 2000s boat.

RY, i'd do it if i could afford it but as you see, my budget is a fraction of what you're looking to score (soon, i'm sure).

thanks all!

mike, i still have your number... I'm not buying your boat. too much sin has been done one it LOL. you party animal.

BA. Lmao. My reputation precedes me. Of course that kind of "boating experience" only adds to the value and transfers to the next captain. ;)
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    next boat will be a comfortable live aboard. with a washer and dry dryer. 
    Dice, washer and dryer aren't all they're cracked up to be.  I've known several owners with the 420 that has it and well, first off it dumps all it's grey water in the black water tank.  So, after a load or two, you need to empty the crapper tank (yes, I've known it to be changed and then use environmentally ok soap). Next, well, a few towels is all it can handle and man does it take a while to dry.  So, make sure you get a really big boat that has a full size washer/dryer.  Oh, and if it has a full size fridge, make sure you run that genny full time as well when you leave shore.  Sorry, just a couple items I made sure not to get since I'm not living aboard. ;)

• TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how my admiral deals with laundry.  We never seem to run out.  lol

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, take a look at the pictures you have posted. Brother, in case you've forgotten -  you LIVE on the water. While you are admiring and posting pictures of the most lovely Salt Shaker - tied-up in front of your beautiful water front home the Admiral is doing the laundry - THAT'S how the Admiral deals with your shorts - just ask her, wait on second thought better NOT ask her! ;-) MT
  • PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    exactly, that's my goal.. full size for everything.. ok, maybe not the laundry facilities.. as long as there is a Laundromat near by...
  • BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    you guys are nuts. and might like to browse this blog. friends of mine that retired, sold everything they had and now, in my opinion, are living the dream. live aboard in the Caribbean...

Sorry, but not a Rinker.
    That is living the dream!!!

BA, From the beltway to the beltless. ;)

You'll find your 270. Keep looking. You have the basic eqt figured out. Its a great all around boat / apt on the water. Not a ski boat but certainly a great retreat. Not sure if your kids will enjoy it as much as mom n dad. Your kids will b impressed with a wake boat... but it can't be all about them.

Good luck. Cya in July. Mike
  • edklepedklep Member Posts: 2
    I have a 270 listed on the Baltimore Craigs List.
  • ithacarinkithacarink Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I also have my 2005 270 listed on ithaca ny Craigslist and boat trader. Pm me if you want some more details