Rinker Coffee Tumbler anyone?

212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
new toy... making cool stuff.. well, cool to me anyway.  

https://www.drewswoodcraft.com/shop/stainless-cylinder-rinker-straight-sided-tumbler-20oz/

https://youtu.be/ifpEes1ygMs

I can make all kinds of stuff- to include stickers, mugs, water bottles, beer can huggies, license plates... just ask! 

I sell these (well, like them) for $30- WILL PUT YOUR BOAT NAME OR CAPTAINS NAME ON THEM JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT THAT IS!  

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Can you put our own boat photo on, just like what you have shown?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the stickers die cut vinyl? 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither... ink sublimation.  It's under the surface; it isn't coming off.  

@Dream_Inn I can place yours on there.  That was just a graphic I snatched off a quick search.   If your model is available in a graphic like that then it's super easy, of not, I have to work a bit to extract it.  
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold Up- you're asking about the stickers i mentioned NOT the mug, right?

the stickers are sublimated too- on a material made for that.  the material is close to vinyl, and so much that you wouldn't know the difference- it's far enough away, however, that i can lay it on the laser and cut it out so you have a sticker that hugs the graphic- not square or rectangular, well, unless the image is square or rectangular.  

the 'problem' with stickers and this material is sunlight... they won't live long with UV rays beating them- i mean, the sticker will and will last a lifetime- it's the ink that will fade.  I can do license plates (on aluminum) that this WON'T happen as the material is UV resistant... but the material for the stickers isn't... there is supposed to be some soon that is.  I'll get a couple rolls of it when it is available. 

the good thing about the stickers?  When you peel and place them on whatever surface, they can be taken off and put back on a couple times for the first ten minutes.. after that period (estimated) you'd have to tear them to get them off less using steam... after 72 hours of set up? it isn't coming off except with a wire brush and in tiny pieces.  

but, anyway, the mug in the images above are sublimated- the ink is just below the surface- they will last a long dang time and many many dishwasher runs... they're tough.  and, the detail is astounding.. for instance, here is a mousepad I did for a friend of my kids- zoom in and check out the detail... it's amazing.