Hours on my boat

NwinstonNwinston Member Posts: 1
Hi all,
I am selling my 2002 Rinker Viesta vee 270, but need to locate the hours on my boat for my buyer information.
can someone tell me or send a photo of where I can find this information, I’m assuming this year and model does have a meter?..
anyone please assist.
many thanks!

Answers

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    You need either vessel view or someone with a diagnostic scanner who can get the hours from the ecu
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the tachometer works, it will have an hour meter.  That's better than nothing, but it can be way off.  

The only true reading is the one in the engine's computer.  As @skennelly said, you need an engine scanner to read it.  You *might* be able to read it with a Vessel View Mobile.  Some of the 2002 engines are compatible, and some are not.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Actually, all of the 2002 engines should be compatible.  I believe it is only some of the 2001 that are compatible (I like to prove @LaRea wrong when I get the slim opportunity).  Either way, the computer is best way to check.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nwinston , where are you located?
    2008 330EC
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think the early 270’s had the hour meter on the tach. You will have to get someone with a scan tool to provide the hours for you. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    My 2002 does not have hour meter in the tach but it's smart craft and vvm installed
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3