Options

Outdrive question

GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
my brothers boat has a alpha drive .The drive will go up and down fine ,but when it is raised all the way up in the trailer mode it gets stuck there,He has to release some pressure by removing one of the hydraulic lines then the drive will drop down a inch or two ,put the line back on and it will move up and down fine 

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Dumb question but is the fluid reservoir full?  Friends with an alpha one had the same issue with every other launch, I had to push down on the drive while they pushed the button up/down quickly 

They took it to the shop for a service over the winter, told the mechanic to address the issue and was reported the resevrior was low.  I've yet to hear if that took care of it as he's not launched this year but i dont know he's moved it out the garage a few times

Also it's pretty easy to remove arms to replace seals/o rings, clean everything then re assemble with all fresh fluid. Make sure it's all smooth and clean.
  • Options
    yep fluid  in the reservoir and the trim rams were rebuilt last year it goes up and down real smooth till you bring it all the way up then it gets stuck  
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    Did it start after the rebuild or was the rebuild done because of this issue?  

When it's sticks I'm assuming you can hear the pump trying to engage?
    Post edited by PickleRick on
  • Options
    no they were  rebuilt beginning of last year and worked fine all last summer 
  • Options
    Al Thanks I did a search on line and that was mentioned .How would I correct it