New Dock Neighbors

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2021 in Generator Discussions
This just pulled into our harbor. Maybe for Lollapalooza? I think it has tenders bigger than my boat. :D

I found some specs on her:

https://www.superyachttimes.com/yacht-news/hakvoort-superyacht-scout-delivered

https://www.superyachtfan.com/yacht/scout/

"Scout" - 64 meters (210 feet) - Sleeps 10 - Crew of 14 - $85 Million (USD)

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not loving the yellow accents. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    It's really nice but it wouldn't work for me. I need to sleep 11 oh and I am about 84.8 million short but I can save all my pennies. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    edited July 2021
    Boat values are up so it has prob appreciated to over $100m. 
    Post edited by YYZRC on
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat (and housing) prices seem to be coming down where I live. The exact same boat as I sold ( year, hours and options) this April just sold for 10k less. IMO anyone thinking of selling their boat soon should sell now, anyone thinking of buying a boat soon should wait until September -November. Just sayin'
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat prices come down as fuel goes up. People can’t afford either!
    Don't boat prices always soften mid-summer?  Why would someone who isn't distressed (or dead) sell now?!
  • RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Definitely make friends with that guy.

• captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 199 ✭✭
    Thats a big boat
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if they cut a deal with the harbor on transient pricing. Current published rate for that spot is supposed to be $4.75/foot which would equate to almost $1000/day for that boat.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah only $1000 per day, Chicago mafias' own that boat?
    Boat Name : 

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who cares about $1000/day for a slip?  If you believe the ten percent rule, the annual operating budget is around 10% of the vessel's value.  That's $25,000 per day.  

But at $1000/day, I wonder if they charge extra for a pump-out.
    10 overnight guests + 14 crew + a party = a whole lot of poop to pump. 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
    Ah only $1000 per day, Chicago mafias' own that boat?
    Last I looked the marina near the Financial Center in NYC was starting at $7 per foot for a 100 footer.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

edited July 2021
    LaRea said:
    But at $1000/day, I wonder if they charge extra for a pump-out.
    I think when they redid those docks a couple of years ago they also installed pump outs/city sewer connections. So your staff hooks up to it along with the city water and electric.

That end of the harbor are the 60+ LOAs. There are also 100 and 80 foot fingers. Don't go past those much, only when coming and going to my measly 35 foot slip. :-)
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been watching ‘Scout’ make its way from Buffalo to Chicago. It seems that everyone is fascinated by her journey across the Great Lakes. The Lake Erie Facebook page was buzzing when she pulled into Put in Bay for a few days. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boat prices come down as fuel goes up. People can’t afford either!
    Boat prices are going to go down once the interest rates go up, to pay for all this inflation we are dealing with because Biden and Turdeau are printing money like crazy!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

shawnmjr said:
    If I had that kind of money I don’t know that I could blow that much money on something like that. I feel like that would be pretty wasteful for something you probably wouldn’t use too much and when you did use it you would be literally just burning money. I think I would rather help a lot of people out with the money rather than be greedy and blow it on something like that. 
    We have to take into consideration how many people a boat like that employs. Everything from manufacturing all of the components to the maintenance and staffing. If you look at it that way it's a jobs machine that is constantly spewing cash.
    shawnmjr said:
    If I had that kind of money I don’t know that I could blow that much money on something like that. I feel like that would be pretty wasteful for something you probably wouldn’t use too much and when you did use it you would be literally just burning money. I think I would rather help a lot of people out with the money rather than be greedy and blow it on something like that. 
    It's all relative, just like our own boats. Someone can be looking at me and saying why did he spend all that extra money on a 33 foot boat when a 24 footer would do just fine. People usually buy the biggest boat they can afford. Different strokes for different folks.
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    shawnmjr said:
    We have to take into consideration how many people a boat like that employs. Everything from manufacturing all of the components to the maintenance and staffing. If you look at it that way it's a jobs machine that is constantly spewing cash.
    I had that same thought when we did our trip last weekend. We had 3 yacht clubs in a small town marina with a population of 700 people for a yearly festival and the amount of money we put into that town was a very large sum. Just our little group was 13 boats and when we went to a restaurant we had anywhere from 10-20 people ready to drink, eat and spend money. 

That's not me tooting my horn it just made me think about the overall workings of the economy and how much they have been missing out since the festival was cancelled last year. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    money is probably not a = issue 
    she's a beauty 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    trip_n said:
    money is probably not a = issue 
    she's a beauty 
    No issue for Tom Brady
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Launch of ‘Scout’

https://youtu.be/B2LmTsL58FA

James Berwind. 5th generation Investment Firm. 5000 employees.
    Money no object.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
    Cool vid.  Everything is relative.  Suddenly, filling my two 115-gallon tanks doesn't seem so bad compared to Scout's 42,000-gallon fill.
    One of the links posted says it has a range of 4800 nautical miles and an running cost of 5-8 million per year. 
    Okay, so she's burning something like 7 gallons per mile.