Rinker 280 Trailering Dimensions

Hi folks,

I have a 12000 lb Excalibur triaxle trailer on order for my Rinker 280EC. Excalibur says the trailer won't really come set up for the boat since the manufacturer provides limited hull data for them to use. Wondering if anyone here trailers their 280 and if they could provide some dimensions of their trailer and boat position to help me set up my trailer before heading to the launch. Would hopefully save me some messing around and multiple attempts. Even better would be someone with an Excalibur triaxle but I think that's wishful thinking!

I have done some scaling and measurements off of some google photos but would love something more accurate.

Thanks a lot! 

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the metal craft trailer my boat came with that appears to be made for Rinker when you buy it from the factory. What measurements do you need? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Squatch68Squatch68 Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    @Aqua_Aura on your setup I would be looking for the following: 

-overall trailer length
    -centre of the two axles (between them) to the winch (where boat contacts it)
    -height of the winch from the top of the trailer frame 
    -centre of the two axles (between them) to the back of the trailer.
    -bunk spacing (centre to centre) 

Also if you have a picture of the boat on the trailer from the other side I could you the third window on that side as a reference point.

Thanks! 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a custom Trailmaster trailer under my 280EC. I can get you some dimensions if you need them. Have you looked at a Trailmaster? They were the OEM manufacturer for Rinker. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

Go Steelers!!!
    edited August 2021
    Trailmaster model T28100
    length 31 feet 
    trailer to center of roller on winch stand, 45”
    Tongue to center of first axle, 22’
    tongue to center of rear axle, 24’9”
    center of trailer to first bunk, 9 1/2”
    center of trailer to outer bunk, 24 1/2” 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Will you have access to a lift? Forks?  Scale for tongue weight?

If so you can get it situated  exactly how you want both for hull support and towing. 

Go Steelers!!!
    edited August 2021
    Well I figured @Cableguy Greg would make a comment but sheesh 🙄. If you need anything else let me know, he seems to have got it. 

Is this your new place cable guy? Looks like you upgraded to some more leisurely country life 👍
    1997 Bayliner 3988

Let me know if you need a full on side shot of the port side. Where the boat is sitting, I can’t get a better shot. 
    Go Steelers!!!
    Aqua_Aura said:

Is this your new place cable guy? Looks like you upgraded to some more leisurely country life 👍
    It is my father in law’s farm. We live 5 minutes away in town. I replaced my trailer tires due to a crack in one of them and I pulled the boat into his ‘shop’ to do the work. He can get 3 semi’s inside with 53’ trailers attached. It also has a heated floor for working on the trucks in the winter along with melting the snow off the trucks. 

Go Steelers!!!
    Well gosh dang it that's nice. Does he need another son in law 😃
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    @Cableguy Greg thanks so much for the dimensions and the pictures. These should allow me to get my setup pretty close the first time around. Very much appreciated.  I did attempt to get my hands on a trailmaster but it seemed quite difficult in Canada with the boating market having gone absolutely insane. Excalibur was the only company who could get me a trailer before the end of the season, and at a reasonable price!

@PickleRick unfortunately my marina doesn't have any of those. I'll be on my own to load it up, take some measurements and see how it sits, unload, adjust, repeat. 
    Will you be trailering often or just  storage/maintenance  purposes? 

Mostly storage and maintenance but we will likely be doing a trip once or twice a year. Maybe 750 km round trip.

I am going to rig up a scale to measure tongue weight. 
    If you don't already have the rear guide posts get them.  

My Bayliner trailer came with them but I had to add them to my 235fv trailer.   I don't know how I survived without them. Retrieval was always a nightmare unless someone was in the water to guide the rear hull in place while I drove up the ramp.  Any cross wind or wave made it a battle.  

• Sej1969Sej1969 Member Posts: 31
    Whats the overall Height to fit in storage? 2009 280 EC with radar arch and antennae
    On trailer you need 13’ clear to be safe 
    Go Steelers!!!
    Sej1969 said:
    Whats the overall Height to fit in storage? 2009 280 EC with radar arch and antennae
    Per my measurement, I am at 13'2" on a Trailmaster tandem axle trailer. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    270 about the same?
    Had about an inch to clear putting her into storage yesterday. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would so love to have covered storage...what a difference for upkeep tgat would make.