STATEMENT

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
Good day everyone on the RBOC. As administrator of the forum I feel compelled to make a statement of what is going on. The COVID virus and all its variants have been playing havoc worldwide and now it's starting to show it's ugly head here on our forum. All I am asking if for us to "reel it in" a little bit. Let's keep it classy and respectful and keep others feelings in mind. Remember we have women and children who visit our forum also. Please keep this forum the best that it already is. Thank you and be safe!!!
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Hear here.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the issues with the forum Is that the Mods are all on one side of the isle if you will and when someone makes a comment or starts a thread with opposing views they delete them or tend to want to anyway. Most of the guys with boats are bored to death during the winter anyway and want to talk about anything. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I can attest non of your posts are deleted 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    As a moderator, I only have ever deleted one post and it was obvious spam.  I have never ever deleted a post with opposing views......not my place to do so. 

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

Thanks Mark. So Dream is the problem child
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Did I just step on a rake? 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Yes, I deleted one of yours recently because it had specific name calling.  Like a child bullying and calling names if you'd like the real truth.  You know that I let almost everything go, even your remarks Steve.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Dream_Inn said:
    Yes, I deleted one of yours recently because it had specific name calling.  Like a child bullying and calling names if you'd like the real truth.  You know that I let almost everything go, even your remarks Steve.
    Wrong
    Most forums have rules as well as Facebook posts. I don't recall this forum having rules? But John, you can't be the sole enforcer of rules or comments. It's not right man! 
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Most forums have rules as well as Facebook posts. I don't recall this forum having rules? But John, you can't be the sole enforcer of rules or comments. It's not right man! 
    To be honest, your post started off the negative stuff in the other thread, and then you continued them. You called people "libs" when you don't know what people "are" and insulted the "libs" as well. It's okay, I know that's your style and wasn't offended by it as I'm in the middle somewhere, but you don't know who you might have offended.. Let's just call a spade a spade here. Since I started the post that has caused all this stuff I'll be more careful about what I post about going forward after this post right now. Didn't intend this to be the result. <shrugs> 
    J3ff said:
    To be honest, your post started off the negative stuff in the other thread, and then you continued them. It's okay, I know that's your style and wasn't offended by it. Let's just call a spade a spade here. Since I started the post that has caused all this stuff I'll be more careful about what I post about. Didn't intend this to be the result. <shrugs> 
    So you are the problem
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    i have my mask on and vaxed
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    J3ff said:
    To be honest, your post started off the negative stuff in the other thread, and then you continued them. It's okay, I know that's your style and wasn't offended by it. Let's just call a spade a spade here. Since I started the post that has caused all this stuff I'll be more careful about what I post about. Didn't intend this to be the result. <shrugs> 
    So you are the problem
    No handy, I did not go into my own thread and start it on a negative path.
    I started the original Virus thread two years ago. Why didn't you reopen it????
  • GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    So how do you become a moderator?
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    everyone here has to take a deep breath and relax 
    For what the the most professional and knowledgeable forum from those devoted to boating, in particular Rinker’s but many others recognizing its the best boat forum out there, it’s degraded in the last few weeks to this.

Lets get back to discussing boating - go to Facebook or Twitter to voice your non-boating related opinions. Thats why I am NOT there.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Ian said:
    For what the the most professional and knowledgeable forum from those devoted to boating, in particular Rinker’s but many others recognizing its the best boat forum out there, it’s degraded in the last few weeks to this.

Lets get back to discussing boating - go to Facebook or Twitter to voice your non-boating related opinions. Thats why I am NOT there.
    You can't do it there either or you get deleted. Ask Trump
    And thats fine by me. Just do it elsewhere.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started the original Virus thread two years ago. Why didn't you reopen it????
    Because it is a new variant. A new variant deserves a new thread. LOL.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"