2022 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
Happy Fat Tuesday!  Enjoy that King Cake!  Maybe some of you are thinking about last year's Rinkervous, or even putting that baby you got from last year and putting it in your King Cake! :smile:  

For those that don't know, we give hints during the Rinkvervous each year for what the next year will be.  Many people found the little babies that end up in King Cakes.  Yes, this years theme is Mardi Gras!  I figured today is the perfect day to announce this year's Rinkervous.

July 15-17 will be the 16th Chesapeake Rinkervous.   Location still the same... just type 39.327710, -76.142037 into Google.  We back up to a sandy beach in fresh water.  The entire area is very sandy and the back of the boats at low tide is about 3-4 feet deep. 

We always have some great competition with the best decorated boat.  So, hint, again why I'm reminding you today.  Get that cheap Mardi Gras gear right after it this week!  We got a lot of great stuff at the dollar store!  We've also already thought of some good games for this year, along with that Mardi Gras parade (in our dinghies of course!!).  I don't want to give away too many details, so you just need to show up to see what happens.  But, you won't want to miss Friday night as well.  It is really becoming as good as Saturday (& plans for this year will make it even better).

My speech again to those that always thought about making it but hadn't, anyone new that has showed said they wouldn't miss it again.  I got the hand-me down of the great setup for music that plays across all the boats.  Cordless microphones to use during all of the fun activities and events and giveaways. 

Hoping to see lots of families come out as well.  The admiral always likes having activities for all the little ones (& big ones too!). 

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Comments

• meninarinmeninarin Member Posts: 2
    Can’t wait for my first rinkervous experience!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    meninarin said:
    Can’t wait for my first rinkervous experience!
    It looked like you were getting your boat ready last weekend.  We did our first shakedown last Saturday and all was good.  Rinkervous will be here before you know it!

• hindleghindleg Member Posts: 2
    New rinker owner here too... in Davidsonville keep the boat at Herrington North.  Excited to meet some fellow boaters!
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hindleg said:
    New rinker owner here too... in Davidsonville keep the boat at Herrington North.  Excited to meet some fellow boaters!
    It is a great time!! 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    hindleg said:
    Welcome to the forum!  We would love to see you at Rinkervous this year.  We actually love going to Herrington North.  We were there on Easter weekend in April.  We walked all the docks while we were there.  I'm sure I commented on your boat, cause it's a Rinker, as we went by.  What's the boat name?  I'll make sure we say hello the next time we are there.  We keep ours on the South River just around the corner.

• hindleghindleg Member Posts: 2
    No name on it yet - but once delivered it'll be "Poppycock."  A statement of the seriousness of my life with 3 kids.  Where on the South River do you keep yours?  We ended up in Herrington North because the kids wanted a pool, but we live right near  Mike's crabhouse.  First year with a boat here, so always looking to understand the area better!
    I like the name!  That is great!  I hope the 3 kids will come to Rinkervous.  The admiral is always happy hearing that kids are coming. 

So, we are practically neighbors.  I'm basically at the very top of the river, other side, swampy area near route 50 (just up from Heritage Harbor).  We keep our boat at South River marina.  We like to anchor in Beards creek at times and watch the little planes land. We've been boating on the South River since 1999.

First year with boat, then this is a great site with a lot of good people that will help you understand that boat.  If you come up on the south river and see the Dream 'Inn name, make sure to say hello (& anchor up too).  I know we'll be back at NHH a couple times this year, we like it there.  We also like Shipwright.

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Poppycock." LOL, have not heard that one for a long time good choice.
    Boat Name : 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love this stuff !!!! LoL!😂

2008 330EC
    Bump
    Go Steelers!!!
    Getting close!! Almost had my wife convinced to go this year!! Maybe next year since it is a two day pull. 
    Go Steelers!!!
    Getting close!! Almost had my wife convinced to go this year!! Maybe next year since it is a two day pull. 
    Oh man!  I almost want to tell you a secret that would for sure have her ready to come this year.   There is going to be something really special happening, but I have to keep it a surprise.  Would love to see you guys again!  I can only imagine how much your daughter has grown now!  I actually have both my kids going this year (they always try, but the last couple have been tough).  Not sure how many more I'll have both of them coming.

If it would only take a little persuasion, let me know.  I think I have a good reason to make it this year! ;)

I think it's worth bumping this up to be on anyone's radar.  I'm getting very excited!!  I think out of the next 17 days, I'll be spending 14 of them on the boat.

@hindleg  I'll be in your area this coming weekend staying at Shipwright harbor (you'll be able to see 3 Rinkers on the T docks facing you).  Swing by and say hello.  I'll look for you when we take our walks down the docks at NHH.

Well @hindleg we saw your boat…name looks good

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poop tank full? Good list!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    Poop tank full? Good list!
    That's the water tank. Poop tank on other side.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

For anyone that is on the fence, the weather is looking perfect for the weekend!  85 degrees and sunny, with low winds and cool nights around 70.  Should be perfect!  We even have a little something extra special planned (never done before) for Saturday morning with some food activities beginning on Friday.

I currently know of about 12 boats that are coming and then a few maybes.  Some others that should really consider.... @06Rinker270 @davidbrooks @Bayrunner @Ransnan

Can't wait to see everyone there!

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn it was on my calendar but we just moved in on Wed.  i still have so much to do around the house i couldnt get away.  Have fun guys.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    So, we once again had a great time!  Here are a few pics 

We had a special event to start off Rinkervous.  One of our own Rinker members got married at Rinkervous.  I was honored to ordain the wedding ceremony.  It was kept a surprise. It was so amazing to have them share this special day with us!

I’m still recovering and will post more later.

Awesome!! I will get back one of these years!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Totally awesome pictures. Can't wait to see the rest of them. Congratulations to the newlyweds. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    A couple a couple more pics

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Looks like such a great time. Hopefully one of these years I will be able to make it there.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Any updates on the 2023 Rinkervous? 
    Go Steelers!!!
    Any updates on the 2023 Rinkervous? 
    Yes, I guess I need to make a new post.  It is July 14-16 with the theme of Christmas.  Gonna be a good one this year!