Canvas and Glass

mmccaslinmmccaslin Member Posts: 11
Looking for new OEM biminis and enclosure for the 2004 410.  R-N-R has temporarily suspended sales on Rinker.  Any suggestions?

Comments

• mmccaslinmmccaslin Member Posts: 11
    Also has anyone redesigned a bimini that snaps to the radar arch instead of passing under it?
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine came like that.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    R-N-R just resells Ameritex.  It's Ameritex that has suspended sales.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody can get OEM right now.  You'll have to find a local canvas shop, or wait until next year and see if Ameritex restarts production.  
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    I just got OEM canvas made by Ameritex this summer.....actually 2 sets as the first set was damaged in transit.  They were from Godfrey as they are handling all of the Rinker service parts orders.

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    mvn said:
    I just got OEM canvas made by Ameritex this summer.....actually 2 sets as the first set was damaged in transit.  They were from Godfrey as they are handling all of the Rinker service parts orders.

Mark

how would we go about ordering from Godfrey exactly?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Orders for Rinker service parts are handled by Godfrey through any local dealer.  Here's the proof.....

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Is that just the boot sleeve you got from them? I think what most need is the canvas top replacements which are much more specific and apparently not being made for retail customers. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    edited September 2022
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Is that just the boot sleeve you got from them? I think what most need is the canvas top replacements which are much more specific and apparently not being made for retail customers. 
    Nope, got the entire top, bimini, bimini frame, boot, etc.  That's just one of the tags from one of the pieces received.

You cannot order direct (retail) from Taylor (Ameritex) but you can certainly order through a dealer (hence not considered retail).

Here's a tag from the top.  Notice the Mfg. Date.

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• rmfridayrmfriday Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    wow, a lot of us have been waiting for like 2 years to be able to order new canvas from Ameritex...
    rmfriday said:
    wow, a lot of us have been waiting for like 2 years to be able to order new canvas from Ameritex...
    Which is why I was shocked when the dealer said he could order parts no problem at all.

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvn said:
    rmfriday said:
    Which is why I was shocked when the dealer said he could order parts no problem at all.

Mark
    That’s wild. TJ can’t get it from Arnold’s Marine in Louisville. They were a Rinker dealer as well. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    edited September 2022
    I luckily got mine from TJ as soon as things opened in I think spring 2021. Interesting that this Godfrey company can get it hopefully this helps out those that are needing canvas 👍
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    I ended up doing a whole custom replacement.  Full camper setup.  Tops, sides and all.  This allowed me to go with some upgraded material and strataglass vs eisenglass.  The hard part for me was the color.  The blue i went with is a brighter blue but even on the custom route getting the darker navy blue was going to mean waiting months. The replacement was done in Dec and he just had a few tweaks after it sat in the summer sun for a while.  To me this fits better and allowed me to change a few items.  The biggest ones were that i had him make the overlap from the top pieces to the strataglass panels a little larger.  This has helped to redirect the rain and keep more of it out of the cabin. We also faced everything so the overlaps faced towards aft.  It never made sense to me why they would have flaps facing forward.  Cost for a complete custom replacement...$10k.  So a bit more expensive that being patient and waiting on OEM.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I luckily got mine from TJ as soon as things opened in I think spring 2021. Interesting that this Godfrey company can get it hopefully this helps out those that are needing canvas 👍
    Not sure if everyone is up to speed on the fate of the Rinker brand but to those that aren't, they were bought by Polaris Industries a while back and Polaris chose to close down the brand.  They are, however, honouring warranties and are able to supply parts as well.  Godfrey (pontoons) is one of their active brands and they are handling the warranty claims and parts orders for the Rinker brand.

Mark
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

edited September 2022
    Yeah we are. I didn't realize that any part of Polaris was doing anything other than warranty. I guess they probably have some parts for newer boats but most of that stuff is available elsewhere as rinker isn't really the manufacturer other than for the hull like most builders. 

When I searched before after your first comment I got on some random canvas website so that was confusing but now it all makes sense 😃
    Post edited by Aqua_Aura on
    1997 Bayliner 3988