Options

Life Ring Location

Hi everyone, I have just bought my first boat, a 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 250 and am trying to kit it out with all of the recommended safety kit, including a life ring, however, I can't think where to store/mount it for quick and easy access. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Are you using a ring (foam) or the square float cushion (USCG approved)?     The foam cushions are pretty handy for lounging around the boat as a pillow.  Not sure if these are legal in your area.  

I have always kept the foam cushion either right under the helm, hung on the back of seat or stuffed between seats.  On my current boat it's on my dash.  

That's of course because it's convenient to where the little lady sits. The admiral uses it to lounge on when she sprawls across port side double seat. 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put mine on the rub rail on the bow of the boat. Tried different spots until I found the one that least obstructed my view.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    My life ring is also on the port side railing, I would have liked in the cockpit area as this is where it would most probably be deployed from but there is nowhere to hang it out of the way.