Hill marine 4x4 props?

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
Any one replaces their 4x3 pros for the new hill marine 4x4 props in a 310EC  with a twin 350 mag bravo 3, looking to get some ideas. thx

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just about everyone on the forum has use these props the forum should be sponsored by hill marine. Use the search in the upper right corner should bring up alot.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 729 ✭✭✭
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    I lost maybe .25 mph going from 3 blade stainless solas 17p to 16p hill marine big cow 4 blade.  Both around 18.25 to 18.75 diameter. Bravo 2.

I noticed better perfomance all around.  Loaded for a weekend.  Solo on the way to get the admiral.  Half tank of diesel. 1/4 tank of water. i go between 22.5 and 23.25 mph on the gps wot.  I've yet to get a mirrorr glass no wind test run so it might improve.  I'm hitting 3750 rpms calibrated via a diesel tiny tach. My max rated rpms is 3600 to 3800 so this is a near perfect match for my vm4.2 220hp diesel on the bayliner 2859.  The low speed idle manners are better. I use less tab to get on plane.  I still tab down to track straight at idle speed for long stretches(trolling)

If just cruising and slowing for no wake zones I just set it where im riding flat on plane and leave it now. 

I have a very very under powered 9000 lbs boat and I probably weight in more than that.

Portable 60 lbs genny on board. 80qt cablea cooler. 40 lbs of ice.  5 gallons of gas. Over 100 ft of chain.  Food and snacks for days.  AC mounted under the v berth.  Another 20 to 30 lbs of just in case tools.  Fridge full of booze.  I'm pretty loaded even solo. 

I cruise around 3100 to 3200 rpms at 17 to 18 mph. Not super fast but sips fuel
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice @LaRea. They are a great mod, I think you will enjoy them. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just fyi - I'm about ready to part with my USED 20p 4x4 Hill Marine props.. wanted to hold on to them for 6 months while I tried out the 22p's on the 270 with the 383. When fully loaded with 5 adults and full water/gas (and no trim tabs, because one of them broke 2 days after having the boat out of the water for a month) the 22's does require an adult to move forward and takes a bit of time to get on plane, she still does.. with just me and one other person, she'll pop right up.. so when I'm back south in a week, it'll be time to sell them, just in case anyone is looking for a set of 20p's I'll post pictures as they were regularly cleaned by a bottom cleaner and do have some surface scratches in them from it. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    @LaRea if they do half as much for your boat as they did for mine, you will be very happy!  Mine made a huge difference in part because I have the single bravo-2 drives and I went from AL to SS.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express