350/360/370

kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
I am considering installing plasdeck in my 360 cockpit and on my swim platform.  They have the template for the 350.  From what I can tell, the 350, 360 and 370 are basically the same model, at least as far as the cockpit and swim platform are concerned.  Can anyone confirm this or tell me if I am wrong.  Thank you.

Comments

• JPCJPC Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    You will like the Plasdeck.  They can send you a plastic template that you can lay out and make adjustments if needed.  We did that with ours and made slight adjustments on our 2005 for a template from a 2004.  
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want to order without doing a template? I wouldn't take that chance, no way. Just order the template kit and draw it out. It's not a big deal.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Agreed, but I'd still like to know if the 350, 360 and 370 use the same hull.  It sure looks like they do.  Thanks.
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
      This is for my "2014" 360  EC , I think the 350/360/370 depending on the year have the same dimensions. Included is the layout for the dash and next to engine hatch portside oval side step. 
    Post edited by bry1429 on
    bry1429, thank you very much.  This looks like the authorized version that Rinker and MARINEMAT use.  Very helpful.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kordo said:
    Agreed, but I'd still like to know if the 350, 360 and 370 use the same hull.  It sure looks like they do.  Thanks.
    I don't understand why. The template kit they send you is a big roll of clear cellophane. You would literally put it down and trace your floor with a marker. It won't matter if your boat is the same as anything else, because you'd be drawing your own floor out.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

MarkB, sounds like you're reading too much into this post.  Everything is ok.  I'm just exploring options and gathering information.  
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kordo did you ever pull the trigger on PlasDeck?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
    No, we went with infinity flooring from GI Boat Tops in Midland for the cockpit.  The swim platform was already done with PlasDeck.
    kordo said:
    No, we went with infinity flooring from GI Boat Tops in Midland for the cockpit.  The swim platform was already done with PlasDeck.
    Nice!  Does your platform look like this?

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That stuff looks great...I just re did my carpet and thought about this. When I had my old carpet out and the enclosure up, it sounded like the inside of a metal trailer inside. I figure the carpet would dampen the sound better...plus it just feels good on the old feet. I would still like to do something for the swim platform as I can't put enough wax on it to keep it clean.....
    YYRZC, yes except the color is dolphin grey.
    @kordo let’s see some pics!!
    edited January 2023
    @kordo do you have any pics of your platform? I’m on PlasDeck again after seeing it on a Tiara at the boat show. 

I think this is Platinum. I loved it. Would be tempted to do it all the way up to the bow on the gunwales!

• earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    I have the natural with black lines on my platform. Its a good product and made in the USA.
    YYZRC, dolphin grey.

bry1429 said:
      This is for my "2014" 360  EC , I think the 350/360/370 depending on the year have the same dimensions. Included is the layout for the dash and next to engine hatch portside oval side step. 
    @bry1429 any chance you can post the PDFs of this? Thanks!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All your boats look awesome...
  • bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    YYZRC said:
    bry1429 said:
    @bry1429 any chance you can post the PDFs of this? Thanks!
    Hey guys! Long time no chat. Sorry no pdf's,
    The spec sheets i posted are the only ones I have from Marine Mat
    Shucks. Thanks!
  • johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Just curious to see if anyone has experience with Matworks carpet. I just ordered the teak style Duraweave snap in replacement. I did get a bunch of samples from some places and just like the one from Matworks. There is a template for the 350 EC on their website and it actually matches up with the measurements of the carpet I have now, so I am giving it a go. Fingers are crossed, but just wondering if anyone has used them before.
    2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island
    edited March 2023
    @johnny44 I would ask that the carpet sections circled below be made as one piece if possible. 

• MH342MH342 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    I worked with Matworks back in 2020 and they were phenomenal to work with. They had an issue with their edge banding machine and offered to redo it, but I sold the boat before I had a chance. I did my own templates and had some special requests and they delivered perfectly.  Also we’re super helpful on the phone. As a bonus, I was able to get the image file from the vendor who did my boat name decals and Matworks was able to embroider it onto a boarding mat.  A few things I learned … check the first few snaps you install carefully.  I think the ones they sent were for thicker carpet and were too high (like 3/16”) and didn’t rivet correctly on the thinner weave carpet. I already had some others around which worked better (1/8” I think). And only use snaps with the brass rivet, the stainless rivets are much harder to use). You will want to get at least the vicegrip style snap tool to install them. Also be advised that most of the weave mats get much hotter in the sun than carpet. It looked awesome, but the heat was an unexpected surprise.  Best of luck!
    @MH342 thanks so much for the information. I read about the weave getting hot because of the material. I actually left the sample out in the sun on the carpet last year to test it...but it was too small to actually see. Since I am a little bit of a clean freak, I spend a lot of time vacuuming the dog hair off of my carpets instead of enjoying another beer - so I thought the weave would be easier to clean and vacuum. 

In your experience, how hot did it get - too hot to stand on it hot? I am in Rhode Island so it's not Florida sun, but nonetheless, I know the carpet still gets hot too. Just curious if I am going to regret the duraweave.
  • MH342MH342 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    It’s only an issue where the sun is hitting it directly on a really sunny day. On our boat it was in front of the cabin door and the transom door depending on where the sun was. The fabric we used was Duraweave 510 which was medium dark. I didn’t see on their site anymore but it’s similar to 512. I would say it was uncomfortable for adults but not unbearable.  However it was too painful for the kids to walk where the direct sun was shining. We would just put an old towel down. I actually grew up in Scituate, RI and am in upstate NY … where it’s a good day when your only complaint is that the sun is making your boat carpet too hot lol. 
    @mh342 really helpful information, thanks so much

• SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @MH342 Good description of upstate NY.