232 Ladder Question

mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
edited August 2014 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is there a Water Proof Spray For Canvas & Camper Tops?.
Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
2019 MTX20 Extreme

Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• ladycaptivaladycaptiva Member Posts: 7

I am not sure what category this goes in but I have a rinker 232 captiva with the interior ladder that folds out for steps to the bow.  It broke off and when we rewelded it now it won't fit through the doorway.  Has anyone found a better way to hook this ladder so that it is not such a pain to keep working?  98 model cuddy.

Thanks,

Hello, No one has had this issue on the 98 232 Captiva Cuddy?
  • midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi ladycap! 

Can you post a few pics so we can get a better idea of what has failed and isn't fitting correctly? 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I had my 232cc, I rarely used the ladder. I would grab the windshield and hop up above the door. It is a poor design on Rinkers part. That is probably why they went to the molded in steps on the later versions of the 232cc.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

Yes we do hop up but some of my crew are older ladies with older knees and this doesn't always work.  Definitely a poor design.  will work on pictures.  You prob have to own one to get a good feel for the issue though.  Thanks