Is this where I belong?

I purchased a 2007 230 atlantic cuddy cabin in July for my 30th birthday with only 65 hrs on the boat and in excellent condition. At the end of my season (short notice deployment) the hour meter read just over 90. We stay on the boat overnight almost every weekend we are out, this being my first "cruiser" i have really enjoyed camping on the water with my wife.  The boat is a perfect size for just us to overnight on, and will get even better after some simple upgrades. 

Joe
2007 230 ECC 350 Mag MPI Alpha 1

Comments

• jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    You are in for many years of enjoyment. I had a 19ft cuddy for years before moving up and my wife and I spent many weekends on the boat. With a good cooler, propane grill, porta poti, and bottled water, we spent a week on that boat ( that was a real marriage test ). Enjoy!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

X

Post edited by Michael T on
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Enjoy it as much as you can. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great boat and great place to start!  Also, the people on this forum are great and will help you out with anything.  & THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• usafaviatorusafaviator Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thanks guys!!  When im not flying i find myself always looking at upgrades to do and good ideas. Even started looking at 260s and 280s lol.  Jh our first trip out was july 4th weekend, my bday is the 5th so we did it right 4 days on the water. Luckily ours came with the little porti potti and I picked up a coleman grill to get us through the season.  Already looking at the kuuma to mount on the side for next year. And a couple electrical upgrades.....  
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    good times for sure and thank you for your service!
  • bigal6030bigal6030 Member Posts: 157 ✭✭
    I had my 230 for 2 seasons it was a great boat. I towed it to some great areas and it was the perfect boat for the wife and I. But, we just had to move up so we moved up to the 270. Enjoy your time on the water. Boating will make you a little crazy I am on my 4 th upgrade in 9 years. I think however that I'm good for a while.

Big Al - 2006 - 270 Express Crusier

Home port: Hammond Ind.

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC and good luck with your new ride. Thank you for your service....... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • FDNY49FDNY49 Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    Welcome aboard. Life is short. Enjoy your time together.
    Brian
  • usafaviatorusafaviator Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Thank you everyone for the welcome notes, so far we are very happy with our rinker with the low hours on it and the price just over $20k I think we got a lot of boat to keep us busy for a few years until we are ready to upgrade.

Also I wanted to say I appreciate all of the thanks for my service, I am on my 8th (yes 8th) combat deployment and while time away from home is hard I enjoy what I do immensely and will continue to serve for as long as I am able.

Joe