So what's with the Michael T "X"

gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Non-Boating Related
All his posts are being edited to just "X".
What's up?
Gary and Diane
290 FV Nauti Bonnie
Post edited by mvn on

Comments

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    It will be nice to know so we don't have to guess like Drew.......
  • luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
  • gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Yes, looks like he is deleting his Rinker existence.  I personally hate when people do this.  Just a waste of passive-aggressive energy in deleting posts.  Makes all "the talk".  I thought it was a board error at first, but it has been going on all morning.  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
    Oh, and I though the category was General, not Generator.  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Guys, Apparently I have been too liberal with personal information on my postings. Not that I have anything of value (other than the Admiral and my beloved Rinker) but someone must have thought I do.  My friend's tech savvy son, who helped me meet the challenge, instructed me to immediately reduce my information footprint. Regards MT

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Maybe because my mother tongue is French, reading MT last post still don't understand what is going on......? And where all is posts on many subject gone.....
  • JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Maybe because my mother tongue is French, reading MT last post still don't understand what is going on......? And where all is posts on many subject gone.....
    Well mine is English and I'm still lost 
  • jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Well he said he had been " too liberal with personal information on my postings" and stated even though he had nothing of value, he said "someone must have thought I do" leads me to believe he may have been hacked, or worse, broken into. Much like any social media, you must be carful about posting things like when you will be on vacation, where you live, or things you may own that low life scumbags may want to steal. Yes, the world is going to sh*t.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I have not heard from MT or anyone else about this matter. I could have fixed it for him.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Well, that makes sense, but why not explain it, if that is the case.  The only posts I ever have to delete are those that I have done when on the other side of "Tipsy"!! 
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

EDIT:  Deleted comment here and sent via PM.  I will leave this part for everyone though...

I'm sorry for whatever has happened, but don't disappear on us.. and don't live life in "fear" of the Internet.  -=Mike G.

Post edited by Mike_G on

2014 Rinker 260EC

edited November 2014

Well.. I wanted a brand new boat with warranty to avoid having to fix stuff... if only I had known... :|  

I.T. doesn't pay.  lol  I should have been a "real" engineer, not an IT guy. ;)  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Real' engineers rock!  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
      Black_Diamond said:
    'Real' engineers rock!  

Hey!  Us I.T. guys are cool too! :s

-=Mike G. B)   lol

2014 Rinker 260EC

• rowboat212rowboat212 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Who's dinghy is bigger? 

I work within the constraints of .mil land, and managing authority to operate and authority to connect is a big part of it.  I have people crawling up my proverbial regularly looking for breaches of any kind... PID, or personally identifiable information, planted in one spot is not too common for those with any sense, but if someone is mining (and it happens) they can piece together information that can grant them access when challenged.

People use the same screen names (which I was guilty of) and let loose some information here, or some information there... They use common passwords, which means if one site is accessible, they can get into another (hopefully not financially related)... 

I just got reviewed, hence the change in name and abandonment of former posts.  pictures that absolutely identify, addresses or even home towns,  all of tut will be off limits for me from now on, especially on open forums... Forums that offer a cloak (non viewable for non members) is a best judgement thing, but I figure to avoid that, too.  I get it Mike. More power to you.  
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plain as day and we're just glad to have people who share their experience here. I may not be a cryptographer but that sure sounds alot like the MO of the guys name that is the past tense of what an illustrator used to do. Sure hope so.

Just sayin'. Mike
    (probably not my real name either...... but maybe it is......but maybe it's not)
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at  Tiki's crypto wording. :)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Tiki (aka Hulk Hogan). No one would mess with him anyhow, as they would get the 20" pythons wrapped around their necks, and body slammed.  We all know it's you Hulk.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"