Options

High temp warning

2»

Answers

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks 212, so it sounds like my raw water pump, even with the scoring may be ok after all. I would assume if the engine circulation pump were bad, like a car, it would be leaking water if the bearing were bad or otherwise if seized would be making a heck of a noise which it is not. I will test the new therm. and put in this weekend and see where I'm at!

Thanks,
  • Options
    the boat only has about 130 hours on it and the coolant looks good. I have a sea strainer so that will eliminate the clogging....frustrating that everything was fine before the impeller broke and now have this issue. I'm going to grab the boat and take it home and try the thermostat as it is driving me crazy. And to re affirm, all the pieces of the impeller were recovered. 
  • Options
    no good and the pump is now not pulling through the foot...so, out comes the pump. I could not run the boat long enough to see if the therm was opening and the circulating pump moving coolant,,,,I did test the new therm and it worked the same as the old one...I don't understand being able to keep the temp at 175 when the therm opens at 180 and full open at nearly 200....
  • Options
    so, I have ordered from aftermarket marine a re build kit for the pump, it includes SS wear plates for both the top and bottom of the pump and a special impeller which is a little shorter to make up for the plate on the inside of the pump.....$90.00 so I figure it's worth the shot. Was going to buy a reman complete front of the pump but the guy there said I just didn't need it and this would do the trick. We'll see by next weekend I suppose!
  • Options
    yep, thanks.....what a pita thing this turned in to be....I assumed that the impeller broke casuing the problem, suppose now I am leaning to the pump became so scoured it went dry and broke the impeller....chicken or the egg thing. The new parts have already shipped so by next weekend I will know where I'm at!

thanks all....
  • Options
    Yan, I'm speechless other than that says it all.......