need a gasket for my 342 2004 5.7 bravo3 sea strainer top.its 1.250 size hose / butt who made it

georgec14georgec14 Member Posts: 16
my raw water strainer for the engines needs new gaskets? it is alum. and has 4 bolts on top/who made it ? any help please.

Answers

• rowboat212rowboat212 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Black Rtv it if nothing else... just don't go crazy with it.. a single bead with a wrap on the holes is sufficient. allow it to cure ten minutes or so before slapping the plate on it, and wipe excess (should be very little if at all) off before it dries.  The trick is allowing it to cure to where it's hardly tacky at all, leaving a fingerprint but not pulling it. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what makes you think it is a problem?
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post a picture

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was inquiring about the same gasket that I suspected was leaking....the folks at MarineMax seemed to think it is a Sea Ray strainer.....I did find one online as a replacement, like 300 friggin dollars! Mine, the drain plug for it must be made of steel as it reacted with the rest of the housing and looks like a bad battery connection...does not appear to be leaking, yet so on my list to replace but with something cheaper. If they put a steal drain plug in the aluminum housing then I don't want any part of that! Replacement of plastic are less than 100 bucks but they are rated for flow....30 GPM min, for my 350 MPI motor