Jabsco convert from pump to electric head

I have 2008 280 EC-  with hand pump on Jabsco toilet.  i just saw on this site you can buy this kit to make electric.  http://www.go2marine.com/product/73621F/jabsco-electric-head-conversion-kit-37010-series.html
Jabsco, Electric Head Conversion Kit, 37010 Series.

Some questions:  
Has anyone done this before?
would i need 24 or 12 volt? Will it work without shore/genny power?
I have a vacu-flush switch above my TV in salon, near salon lights and galley pump switch.  Would the +/- wiring be there to provide the power for the electric for the new kit?

appreciate the help.  

Comments

• jhortajhorta Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    Looking at the same thing for my 05 290FV.  Looking forward to seeing what the Rinker Masters have to say. 
  • JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Looks to be 12 volt so it should work fine off of house battery with out looking I would say power will be at switch but not necessarily ran to head. 
  • 99270fv99270fv Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    the conv kit comes with a switch with 3 wires coming out of the switch. one wire brown connects to the macerator orange wire, the yellow wire connects to the orange wire of the sea water pump and the red wire connects either to an existing 12v power supply or a new 12v breaker that you will need. the two pumps will also need to be grounded with the black wires. I am currently doing this on my 270. also my pump out toilet was thru bolted to the floor and I could not get my hand under the floor to access the nuts on the bolts. I had to make a long wrench by taping 3 wrenches together and feeling for the nuts. this is a pretty hard install but with patience in can be done. you will also probably need a length of 1 in hose to connect from the macerator to the existing 1 1/8 in discharge hose. I have 2 feet ordered. the kit comes with an adapter.  as info I went with the quiet flush conversion kit.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I did this when I bought my boat from the dealer. It runs 12V, and we pulled.the power from the vac flush switch. It works very well. Sometimes the breaker pops (like once a year) if something really big bogs down the macerator. Other than that its a pretty good setup.
    Post edited by MarkB on

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• glynnalanglynnalan Member Posts: 36
    Thanks guys!  I'm not that handy with plumbing or electric. But I'll give it the college try. I did figure out how to crawl into a 2cu ft space to change my genny impeller.  Maybe this is as challenging. 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After you own a boat, you become an expert in every system.
    The head electric conversion is really easy to do.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    Hey guys I am looking to install Elec Toilet in my 2008 26EC They sell a conversion kit for around the same price as a complete system with toilet.  If I have to remove the toilet why not replace everything??? Also how did you run the wire to the switch outside the door? my bathroom is a closed fiberglass shell
    Thanks John
    I ran the wire to under the sink. There's a portal where you can install a water proof switch and then connect to the head by running the wire through the same hole cut for the sewage drain. 

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for including the link.  I may look into this also because trying to explain how the toilet works to guests is exhausting. 
    Post edited by Trashman on