Options

Storage thread?

After seeing questions on here about storage I thought about a thread for storage ideas, little places that people have found on their boats, like babyboomers storage for pool noodles.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL I have so much storage on the 342 I can't fill it all.  The area under the port side seat is large enough that I can crawl inside and have room to wiggle. And I'm 6 foot, 230lbs.   I had to do that to hook up my Big Orange filter.  There are tubs (for lack of a better description) under the V berth cushions that only have rain gear in them. Our 280 had loads of storage as well.  There were, what I called dump bins in the mid berth that were 18 or so inches tall, divided into 3 areas with cupboard like lids that ran the entire width (queen size bed) of the berth.  Can't complain about storage on Rinker cruisers. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a storage idea. But I changed the cooler under the cockpit sink and put in a 12V mobicooler. I can now keep my drinks cool out there and use my fridge for perishable items. It makes a big difference on the 260EC.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    RuffLifeRuffLife Member Posts: 4
    MarkB - I have a 250EC, and have thought of doing that exact same thing. The only concern I had was the depth of the cabinet. Any chance you can post a pic? Is the Mobicooler the brand of it? Or is their a model of the one you used?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have utilized the out of site storage method as well. I am able to fit extra fenders in the area under the cockpit sink by removing the trash can. I have thought about putting a door in, but I am not ready to cut a hole in the boat. Maybe in a few years.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    RuffLife, this is the cooler I got.

http://www.lelong.com.my/mobicool-s32-ultra-cooler-bag-rm-390-00-skldiyuptown-138227729-2014-10-Sale-P.htm

On my 260EC it fits pretty well. If I overfill the cooler, it pushes against the doors a bit, but they still close. I put in a 12V jacket in the compartment housing to plug the cooler into. Works very well.

With these coolers they aren't refrigerators, so they take a while to get to temperature (like overnight), but once they're there, they cool to a decent temperature.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Oh and I think it cost me less than $100 for the cooler.

"Boat + Water = Fun"