Pittsburgh boat show, Anyone going?

BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
edited January 2015 in United States
Anyone going to the Pittsburgh boat show this weekend or next weekend?
Post edited by Britinusa on

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am planning on going, but I am not sure when. My admiral just gave birth to our daughter, so she won't be up for the trip, and she might dictate when I can get out.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Congratulations! thats a life changer :)
    Thank you!!! She is going to grow up on the river... River Rat in training!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Greg!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Went to the show last night. It was OK... Only one new cruiser from Sea Ray there. The others were pre-owned. There was only one Rinker in the crowd. It was a 2014 276 Bow Rider that was a new/left over boat. The rest of the boats were open bows and pontoons. The group that organizes the show needs to get it back to the convention center downtown. Then again, they aren't that motivated...
    Go Steelers!!!
    Greg, that's disappointing, we are going tomorrow, were there many vendors there?

There was about 7 or 8 dealers. Fox Chapel being the biggest. They had a nice display and the had a mock up of the new South Side Marina that they are building by the Hofbrauhaus. Be sure to stop by the BoatLocal booth and get a coozie from Terry. The old wooden boats were cool to look at as well.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • mheitman23mheitman23 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    I just went to the Minneapolis boat show..not much there unless your in the market for a pontoon or jet boat.  There were about 5 brands that usually are there that were not including Rinker. 
    Thanks for the info Greg! Hope you little one is doing good
    Just got back from the show, walked it all in under 2 hours, my son had fun getting on all the boats the cruisers were nice but like you said mostly pontoons and open bows, next year ill go to the Cleveland show