Options

I SEE OPEN WATER!!!!

My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Non-Boating Related
This picture was taken by a friend with a drone over the Lorain Lighthouse on Saturday May 7th, 2015 THERE IS OPEN WATER outside the Breakwater. Taken by Bruce Bishop, Elyria Chronicle Telegram.
Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.

Comments

• Options
    This is taken looking NNE
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    Here's a picture of the drone taking the picture of the lighthouse. (The Drone is on the left, the seagull is just checking out who else is looking for food.)
  • Options
    BritinusaBritinusa Member Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Looks promising B) , our river has started to thaw too.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Allegheny River has thawed from the Highland Park L&D to the point. It is amazing how some warm weather does that. I hear that it is still frozen a few locks up. Hopefully it won't thaw too fast and cause major flooding and damage.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Greg, if Lake Erie doesn't thaw, those rivers will back up too quickly, although all of your rivers flow south don't they?

• Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    You know it's bad when you guys are saying look I can see water LOL
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Detroit River is opening up!

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Yeah dog but we do party **** the water for 3 months! LOL Seriously, I was boating till the end of October in nice weather, this cold snap and frozen lake was punishment but as long as the Canadian Soldiers and Mosquitos don't kill us in the summer, we should have a nice hot boating season with temps in the 90's for most of July and August.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MDD, Our watersheds go to the Mississippi River, so you don't have to worry about it flooding the Great Lakes.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    MDD, Canadian Soldiers and Mosquitos Now That's funny LMAO