4th of July Decorations

JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
Ok so was looking around on the ole internet and came across boats decorated for the 4th of July and thought wonder what fellow Rinker owners do for decorations. Pictures? Comments? What ya got? 

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually have Old Glory flying from the top of the VHF antenna. I haven't figured out a way to fly her from the stern of my boat yet. I am not ready to drill a hole for a mount.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    this year we are doing flags around bow rail, Old glory on the stern (it's always there) and possibly lights. Usually I do the dock and such but since we will not be at our home port I'm letting the Admiral go to town on what she wants. (figured that was in my best interest) LOL 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Like JC, the admiral (&  kids) will decorate it all up.  Usually put stars and such around the bow rail, rubbery stick on things for the windows & now I have color changing LEDs that I will set up to change between R/W/B.  The kids usually have their own smaller flags as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is our 342 a couple years ago.  It isn't the best photo in the world, but we do a parade of lights on July 3rd every year.  I have two big lighted flags -- one visible from the stern, and one from the side.  Plus rope lights, string lights, star lights ... well, you get the general idea.  Last year was better than this, but I didn't get any pictures.
    Around here, the key is to keep all of the lights out of the cockpit so you don't get big swarms of bugs all up in your face.  The other challenge is to keep the boat operational and not compromise safety. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,456 admin
    LaRea you have to much time on your hand..... Looks great bro....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Big ol' red white and blue bunting on the bow rail. Big Stars & Stripes flag flying off the arch. I keep my Union Jack folded up and hidden in the cabin.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Andy
  • JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    LaRea nice job!! The Admiral found some lights she now wants if I show her that pic I'll be in big trouble LOL 
    It's a slippery slope.  I just spent three hours on lights, and we're not done yet!
  • brianflhrcibrianflhrci Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    We do swags on both sides the bow rail and we've got a 50 state stars and stripes on one camper canvas support and a Gadsen "don't tread on me" on the other.  The wolo dominators seal the deal at the fireworks!