Noflex Digester

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone....

I was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried this product. I came across it in another forum and it sounds good but I can't seem to find anyone in this country that sells it. It is a waste tank treatment. Any thoughts or comments?????

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Len, thanks for the tip. I live in Canada, the stuff is made here and I'd never heard of it. I made a number of calls to friends. Some use it and swear by it. Among its many benefits, I was told, is the ability of the stuff to keep waste lines free. One guy told me he had to have a waste line replaced and the tech thought the line was new when he looked inside it (why he did that I have no idea!). Looks like Raybo3 has given you a lead on it. If you "google" noflex digestor you will get the company website -OR - you could call the U.S.A toll free number: 1-800-665-0991. They should be able to tell you where a local vendor is or how you can get nit shipped tro you. I just bought three bottles of the stuff and my local marina wants a report from me after I have used it for awhile. Good luck! MT
  • l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Hey Mike.....

I ordered the noflex and got it a few days ago. I will be going to the boat Thursday for 4 or 5 days which should be a good test. I will give it a try then. Maybe we can both post our results. If this stuff does everything it claims I will be happy, happy, happy. Just got to figure how to measure it. Got no measuring devise with it.

Len

Len, That's great. Two other items that were recommended by friends were the Big Orange waste tank vent filter (Rinker now has them as a factory option) that completely stops venting odors (I think it is well under $100) and a relief valve for the waste tank - if some 16 year old at a dock ramps up the vacuum, the valve will stop the tank from imploding - something I never want to see! Even with the relief valve I was amazed at how much my tank was sucked-in by the septic vacuum hose. We';ll post our Noflex results! MT

Hi all....

Just a quick up date on this. I pumped out on Saturday. Added two tablespoons and flushed twice. I had a lot of people on board and toilet got used a lot. Got some odor for about 2 hours. after that no odor for next 4 days. The real test will be when I return to the boat in a week or two and see if it is still working and pump it out again and see what it looks like.

Len

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend the Big Orange Filter. 100% solved my odor issues!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • LayshLaysh Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Agree w black diamond, big orange has worked well for us for last three seasons.
    While we were tied up to docks for the night at a lock the boat next to us didn't have a filter of any kind and likely wasn't using any treatment. We knew every time they flushed their toilet, it was geez buddy , thanks for sharing - get a Big orange or some treatment! MT
  • Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Don't waste your money on additives, just install a charcoal filter on your waste tank and your problem will be solved, I made my own out of ABS plastic piping and cost me $27.76 to make it and it's refillable.

Capt. Ron, I didn't but the noflex to eliminate odors. I have a Big Orange filter - I think it's the best make available - to do that. The big deal with the noflex is that it prevents build-up and damage to the waste tubing and fittings while breaking down the waste in the tank to stop build up there too. MT

Mike T......

I was about to comment the same thing that you said. I am not trying noflex for the odor but to keep the system clean. If it controls the odor that is a plus, if I worried about odor the pump out is about 100 feet from my slip and is free. I am sure you know that treatments (west marine blue) does not break up the waist it just try's to control the odor.

I don't know when I will back to boat (maybe a week) but when holding tank sits it will stink so when I get back to the boat it will be the test.

Like  you I did not try this because of the odor, it was to see if this stuff really does keep your system clean.

It seem like everyone thinks that we were talking about odor. We were thinking about build up in the holding tank and the plumbing that goes with it.

Mike when you start using it, keep us informed

Len

Exactly correct Len. I will post results. I have a new waste tank that was treated by the dealer.I don't want to mix chemicals - so as soon as the tank is pumped-out I'll try the Noflex. I have a couple of bottles ready to go! Regards...MT

P.S. I talked with a friend two days ago who swears by the stuff. He said you must to follow the instructions for the stuff to work properly. He said at first he did and it worked exactly as advertised. He could see into his tank and the Noflex visibly changed the color of the waste and he was sure it pumped out easier. Then he said he got sloppy and didn't follow the instructions and things changed back. As soon as he got back to following instructions it all went well again. Sounds reasonable. I'll post when I have some first hand experience. M.T.
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    I've used Odorlos for years also hav a home made charcoal filter and never never an odor

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Babyboomer, are you saying your sh!t don't stink? :)
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    =)) =)) =)) B-)

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • NoFlext_It_AllNoFlext_It_All Member Posts: 1
    To l-skynyrd,

I'm glad you're happy with the Noflex. Just remember when you leave the vessel, you're going to want to do the "shut down" method. It's 2 tbls per 5 gallons. So if it's a 10 gallon tank, it would be 4 tbls of the Noflex. So on and so forth. Fill the tank and let it sit. You're going to be amazed at the results.

To all,

While vent filters are great for odors that would escape your vent thru-hull, Noflex goes to down on the source of the odor itself. It revives your aerobic bacteria and allows them to multiply while they eat your dead and dying bacteria... odor! Vent filter lives are lasting longer. Hoses aren't permeating as fast and you and your guests are not embarrassed by intrusive odors.

Remember, less is more. If there are 2 of you on board and you're doing the "in use" instructions, I would use about half a cap full in the mornings. You're just wanting to sustain the oxygen created in the tank. You don't have to pour a bunch in to kick start it. You'd just be wasting it at that point.

OK this is odd.....

I started this thread a year ago and I just reordered a new supply of Noflex. I really like this stuff and it comes in a 16.8 once plastic bottle. It lasted my a year at $18+shipping per bottle. Granted I did not use the boat that much during that time as much as some of you. Spent most of the summer looking at houses and finally closing on a house in Sept. So far this year I have been slowed a bit with a hernia operation and repositioning my colon. The reason I reordered this stuff is it does exactly what it advertises it will do. I will never go back to the liquid additives for the holding tank. This stuff really breaks up the solids in the tank.

Now the odd part....

I just received my order from Noflex yesterday. The post above  looks like it might be from the manufacture. Just wondering how they found us.

Boat has sat for 3 weeks (hernia op) and when first used head a slight odor, 1 tbl spoon of noflex and never a odor all weekend. Please don't preach about big orange to me, It is nothing but a mask, I really believe this stuff is better for your entire system than anything else out there.

Just my 2 cents.....

Len

• JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    So I decided to try this over the weekend. Put in on Saturday morning by Saturday afternoon the tank was noticeabley cleaner went and pumped it out and was quite surprised on how well it pumped out and how clean the water looked. Plus there was no odor