2014 310 Sea Core Port engine dies

Moneyplays21Moneyplays21 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
I have a 2014 Rinker 310 that I recently purchased. Sea Core III's. After running for say, 30 minutes, the port engine sputters, or sometimes runs rough before dying completely.  It then will not start at all.  I took the fuel line off and it was getting no fuel.  After leaving it overnight it runs fine again.  On one occasion I opened the crossover valve and it ran for a while, but even with it open I still loose the engine.  
     Has anyone else had this issue?
2014 Rinker 310 Express Cruiser.

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This engine must be under warranty????? A 2014 Rinker EC 310 whether Mercruiser or Volvo must have a 2 year warranty????? This should not cost you anything, in my opinion.
  • Moneyplays21Moneyplays21 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Yes, it's under warranty.  I've had it in once.  They thought it was a vent problem on the tank.  Still not working.

M21, since it's under warranty I hand the problem right back to the dealer. BTW I offer this comment in a respectful manner - if you spill fuel on the engine while trying to assess your (potential) fuel problem and start a fire you won't get any thanks from the dealer or probably any help from your insurance. Punt the ball back to the dealer that's what he got the PDI and warranty money for. :-)
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warranty all the way. And if it makes you feel better I had my entire engine replaced under warranty after year 1. My new one works perfect!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Back in the shop.  Hopefully they will get it this time. :'(
    Has the engine manufacturer been contacted to process a claim?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Mark is giving you good advice. Mercury should be contacted before warranty work is begun - at least that's what they just told me with a recent warranty issue that was just dealt with - two weeks ago - with one of my new 502s. They open a file at mercury HQ with your name and engine serial numbers on it for reference. I respectfully suggest you make sure your dealer had done this before some tech starts rooting around in your engine bay.
    ... and I can tell you, if that tech is doing anything that mercury don't approve of, they will not foot the bill, and then the mechanic will tell you they didn't cover everything and you are liable for the difference ... make sure everything is pre-approved by Merc.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited August 2015
    I am having the warranty work done by a certified Mercury Tech.  It's all covered by my warranty.......... My post asks if anyone else has had this happen?