2007 280EC Fuel Gauge

The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
Has anyone replaced their fuel sending unit? Ours is off approx. 1/4 tank reads 3/4 when full so I am going to replace the sending unit. Any suggestions on what to use or what is installed from the factory?  Thanks

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't get an answer here, send an email to Cindy at Rinker.  See the FAQ for her email address.
  • tundra250tundra250 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    I just replaced my sending unit after they changed it the reading was incorrect but they came back and adjusted it.....You might just need to have it adjusted
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Same exact boat here and same exact problem. Let me know what you find, Rich
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    I will send Cindy an e mail thanks guys and I will let you know what I find out.

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I just went through this exercise with Cindy, so let me save you some research:

The sender is probably made by ISSPRO (www.isspro.com).  Cindy will send you a part number.  If you don't see it on the ISSPRO web site, call Don at the ISSPRO service department:  800.888.8065 X 3402.  He can cross-reference to a current part number.

The only real question is the sender length, which is probably written on the top of the sender.  Take a photo of the sender.  If possible, get a photo of the info sticker on top of the fuel tank.  Then you could look up the dimensions of the tank.  

Before you try replacing the sender, you should test it to make sure that's the problem.  Put an ohm-meter across the two leads.  It should read 240 ohms empty, and 33 ohms full.  If you get those readings, the sender is probably okay, and you have a faulty gauge.  (If you remove the sender to test it, obviously be super-careful with gas fumes and ventilation.)
  • The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    LaRea, Thanks for the good information. 

• jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    As usual, great members with a wealth of information

Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3