Raymarine c95 plotter

BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Anyone using one of these? Leaning towards getting this over the winter. Not sure I can justify the step up to the e series.

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    BMXZ I have the e95. it is more expensive than the c95 but I love the touch screen. It has either rotary/push knob like the c95 or you can use its touch screen function. I believe the two have exactly the same electronics except for the touch screen. I would pick a Raymarine c95 over the equivalent Garmin. Go to Raymarine and compare the c95 and e95 to see if you think the difference is worth it. Make sure to price it around. Many retailers have specials. West Marine just had a sale of electronics. Defender Marine also often has sales. Also, make sure the vendor is an authorized re-seller for Raymarine to keep your warranty. I had a Garmin 741 which we liked but the Admiral did some research and she liked the Raymarine 95 best - and two years later still does. BTW the Admiral is the shot caller on navigation, I'm just the driver. She's (knock on wood) kept me off the rocks for 13 years now!
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Thanks Michael......Yes from what I have read, they are the same other than the touch screen. Would love the touch screen, but not sure its worth that much more to me.

I will probably get the inlaws to bring it back from Myrtle Beach with them, when they go down this winter for a few month, WAY cheaper in the US. $1399 from a place is SC, close to them.

Dave

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent! You'll love it. I purchased a Navionics chip of the Great Lakes area....actually the Admiral (read that navigator) purchased it. LOL
  • BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Yes I like the Navonics chart, use that app on my phone.

Dave