My "Old" 2013 EC 310 sold AGAIN! This Time She's headed back home - to the U.S.A.

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

As some of you guys know I sold my 2013  Rinker EC 310 to buy a 2014 Rinker EC 360. A boating friend just called today to tell me he just saw it for sale near Toronto, Canada (Port Credit). That's right near the American border. The asking price is about $134K and (imo) that's an awesome price for that boat, but for American guys you subtract about 35% - a crazy amazing price (imo) for a fully loaded ( skylight, SS fender holders, fenders with covers, water and safety packages, hard top, wood floors, Axius, upgraded GPS to Garmin 741 with Navionics platinum chip of Great Lakes, twin 350 Mags, generator, big orange, teak tables, custom bed fittings, four extra 100v and 4 extra 12v outlets, fans and Strataglass on the forward enclosure with a complete set of custom front and side screens....too much to mention! It only has 70 hours on it and I put 50 of them on it myself with proper break in and synthetic oil. The guy who purchased it was a details guy so he would have been real careful with it. Someone is going to get an amazing boat. That thing is a rocket with those 350 mags! If you want to see it just for fun ..... and who among us doesn't like to look at boats, right?  This link should work. You can enlarge the main picture and then scroll through the shots. .....hey Mark, and other fellow Canadian boaters - you'd love this boat! As for my American boating brothers it would be a steal!

http://www.boatdealers.ca/boats-for-sale/279025/rinker-310-express-wjoystick-port-credit-ontario

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish MT. Too many toys already.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I like your style MT with the black hulls.  Gorgeous boat.  You are the ideal person to buy a boat from as you knows it's been treated and maintained properly.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @06Rinker270. Thanks. I really like the Rinker style. The boats never look out-dated like a lot of other brands. They are all roomy for their size but still sleek looking.
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    What a beautiful boat! Definitely a steal!
    MT did you find out why they are selling after only 1 year? Maybe they traded up, but I can't imagine me buying a boat and turning it over in only 1 year. Although I do know some people that do that ... MT. Lol.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Little jab there Mark? What a beautiful boat. One day perhaps, what is the real market value of it?

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, no Diesels??? LOL
    I'm allowed to take jabs at MT. He's my friend and I'm envious.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

@MarkB I asked the seller and he said they had purchased a cottage and were selling the boat and yes I did only keep it a year - not my finest financial move - although I "only" lost the tax on it as I traded it in. I went from go fasts to cruising - for the Admiral. We started-out putting a deposit on a Rinker 260 then looked at a Rinker 290 and finally settled on a Rinker 310. It is an awesome model with a swivel captain`s seat pull-out cockpit seating, tons of storage and the big skylight - it was an awesome boat. That model is really a sports car on the water, very fast and agile. It was just too small for a guy my height. @rasbury, the present owner is asking 134K for it. He'll probably get somewhere either side of 120K for it BUT that's in Canadian dollars so ...if an American bought it - it would go for about 78K $US which, imo, would be an awesome deal, even with shipping, as the boat is better than new with a huge list of after market additions.  The oil and filters on it have been changed 4 times with synthetic oil. At 20 hours and 50 hours by me, again by him the next spring at 50 hours (why I don't know) and just this fall at 70 hours. I'd sure like to see somebody on this forum snag it!
    Well, I'm only 77000 away from my next purchase!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Sweet looking boat. Quick question does the black helm get very hot in the sun????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

@raybo3. Intuitive comment Ray. Yes, it does get hotter than the normal Rinker champagne colored helm. The Admiral sewed two fluffy white beach towels together to place over it when anchored or moored.

There are two reasons I like the black colored helm. First, because it is black, there is zero reflection/glare in the windshield. Friends' with champagne colored helms have reflections in their windshields as did I with  some of my other Rinkers. In fact the Admiral sewed a black canvas cover for the rest of the dash which is white. I can place it there on really sunny days to stop the glare from those areas too. Second reason ....it looks neat (imo).

How about keeping it clean? You know what its like keep a black car clean....... The black looks great.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

@raybo3, I've had black hulls on the last three boats. I have used quality carnuba wax and had no problem as long as I washed them with river/lake water or softened water, from the small portable water softener I have. That has prevented water spots. As well, after waxing the boat I only wash the hull sides with "soap" a couple of times a season and used a very mild soap like the baby shampoo no more tears - which was recommended by a gel coat repairer.

So the baby shampoo keeps the boat nice and clean???? I use Orpine and even though is smells nice I do not think it cleans very well. I will have to try the baby shampoo. BTW my boat is all white...... Thanks for the info...
    edited December 2015
    Another thing to consider using is Starbrite boat cleaner with PTFE in it. You basically apply with a scrub brush, let it sit for 5 minutes and then wash off. The PTFE puts a coating on it like a wax, that basically beads water off. It keeps the boat glistening all summer long, with a wash every week or two. It literally takes 30 minutes to wash the entire boat.
    Post edited by MarkB on

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited December 2015
    @MarkB , very interesting. I have never used this type of product - have to check it out, thanks!
    and Ray, the shampoo keeps the hull soft to! JK.....that starbright stuff is  Great!
    Also, Attwood seat cleaner for the seats...takes the mildew off better than anything I have tried and is not harsh/bleach...
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    **** wish I was in the market, thats a HELLUVA deal in US dollars. Someone is gonna get the perfect weekend cruiser, great options too.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    New to the club as I bought Michael T 2013 310 today. Having a survey done tomorrow and will launch in May and dock in Chicago. Beautiful boat with all the toys, can't wait. Coming from a 20' Lund w 225 4 stroke I need to learn how to run this size boat.
    Welcome to the RBOC and best of luck with your new ride.
    edited February 2016

@gtyee, You will find it a joy to handle with the DTS throttles and Axius guidance. Practice a few times alongside a wooden dock and out in the open to get the feel of the Axius and you will be backing it in stern first (if you want to ) in a couple of days! 

I was obsessive when breaking in the engines/drives. All aspects were maintained to Platinum standards. As you know it has bells and whistles from custom electrical to custom bedding and a lot in between.

The hull and drives were waxed twice a year. The oil and filters changed well before  required - I could go on..... I met and had discussions with the guy who bought it from my dealer (on the trade) - he babied it too.

In my very biased (but long term boating knowledge) opinion - you have a "better than new" EC 310..... fully loaded and treated to last a lifetime.

I still love that boat, it was my first cruiser and am so happy that it went to a forum member.

It is elegant, solid, fast and beautiful. You and your family/friends will love it. It has huge cockpit room to entertain, handles like a high-end sports car and accelerates like a rocket!

CONGRATULATIONS - many years of happy boating! This is very exciting news to me!

BTW.....The Admiral and I are thinking of listing our 2014 EC 360. ....man I can only imagine the comments that will be forthcoming! LOL

We haven't got a price in mind yet as we are still thinking it through - but the comments from @gtyee have prompted me to mention it earlier than I planned to as it fits the topic! 

If we go through with it, the price would be extremely attractive to Canadian buyers and absolutely insane for American buyers.

BTW we just purchased the Mercury full-factory Platinum Protection Plan for six more years. The entire Axius, engines, drives, DTS throttles and electronics will be warrantied until 2022.

Just got back from two weeks in Phoenix. Man I love visiting the U.S.A. and are headed-out for three weeks in the Turks and Caicos. I'll stay in touch with the forum as it's just too much fun to miss! :-)

Not to hijack this thread but ... MT ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! What's the plan after that?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited February 2016
    Not sure Mark, convertible and Route 66, exotic travel, a "southern" house beside Steve? The Admiral will have the final call on this as she's the one who wanted to cruise. I still really like it too......but if we are ever going to sell this would be the time - nearly new boat, fully warrantied for 6 more years and if an American is looking at it a 30+% discount in addition to the reduced price as pre-owned! What did Arthur Miller say? Everything is always for sale? .....or we could just keep boating - I sure have fun and I did want to get up to BMXZs area again a few times this coming summer and the gas is certainly reasonably priced :-) ....I promised the Admiral that it was her call, so we'll see.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT is off to get a Diesel pusher. How ironic. 
    You wish - I'm thinking of your neighborhood for a winter place....LOL
    edited February 2016
    @gtyee, if it's not too personal a question, where did you see my previous boat (2013 EC 310) listed? Was it North-South Yacht Sales? Thanks MT
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    yes North-South Nautical group. My wife, oldest son and I flew up Saturday and home on Sunday. You really did a nice job of options on this boat. Does this boat have auto pilot and Skyhook on it. Ended up offering $125,000 can and owner thought boat was priced low so I paid the full $134,900 can ($96,000 us), which I believe was a real good price for it. Toronto was a great place to visit and wish we could have stayed longer. Will come back in spring for three or four days to test and learn how to operate.