Annapolis parade of lights

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Anyone heading to watch the boat parade of lights?  Gonna be a nice 65 degree day and should be a great evening.  If you go, look for a 342.  I talked a buddy into it and both our families will be on her.  My deal was I'd help winterize the next day.  I've always wanted to do it but I always like to cover my boat when I give her a nice wax. 

So, @rasbury, I'll be boating this weekend too!!! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This month has been BRUTAL with all the warm weather after I put my boat on blocks!  Enjoy the parade ... I might be a passenger for the parade in Woodbridge.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys should have known this with El Nino. 
    I wish.  Actually, it wouldn't have mattered.  The yard's lift operator had a deadline to finish all haul-outs by Nov 22.  Too bad I'm not brave enough to leave the boat in the water over the winter.  I'd have been boating for the past four weekends.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Well, to be honest, I really enjoy the break.  I've been splitting wood and sitting back on Saturdays watching college football with a fire going in the fireplace.  It's tough in late fall when the kids can't swim anymore to keep them busy on the boat (I hate playing movies or video games, but we do get board games or cards out).  But, the lights this weekend will be a ton of fun and very enjoyable!  & anyone looking to move up to a 342, this one is for sale by owner (hint, better price than when it was with broker) - come check it out all lit up Saturday.

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for you Dream! Take advantage of it, even in Fl we will be dealing with the brutal 60 degree temps after the first of the year....at least until March and then it's 90 again.....!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury, so we "northerners" don't have it so bad. April is 60s, May is 70s, June to August is 80s September is 80/70s October is 60's. I'm okay with that. We put the boats away, have Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years then take-off for the Caribbean, Florida and Arizona (LOL) until April and get the boats ready! Personally speaking, I don't like boating in the 90s. It's too friggin hot AND humid for me, unless you have one of the new style enclosed cockpits with AC.....and we don't have hurricanes and other tropical storm events. Every boating location seems to have its "sweet spots" - thank goodness for that!
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    @Dream_InnI have never heard of the parade, might have to check it out.  Is it from 6pm - 8pm?

I feel guilty when I say this but yes I am enjoying the break as well.  I miss being on the boat terribly but opens up a lot of free time to get other stuff done around the house.  Although I am counting down the days.

@LaRea when is the Woodbridge one?

69 Degrees this weekend in DC, crazy.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
    The flyer mentions a Holiday Boat Decorating Contest at Prince William Marina ... maybe I was mistaken about a parade. A friend of mine is going over in his 44-footer.

http://www.occoquanva.gov/events-and-announcements.html 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @michaeltsh - yep, your right....I am second generation Floridian so the heat is in my blood- I HATE the cold. We have not had a hurricane now in 11 years! I watch the weather in the mid west, seems most have issues with flooding from rain or melting snow, or tornadoes. When we do have a hurricane, thankfully these days we have plenty of warning and I'm far enough inland (60 miles) that we don't get much effect anyway.  Besides,boating in the heat means the ladys, well, you know where I'm goin! Would be nice to travel as you say but not there yet in my point in life....but I do get to live in Fl so I'll be thanksful for that! There are boating parades all over the state here, would love to go to the Miami area as I'm sure the yachts really make a big splash..maybe next year with a little better planning....
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury my parents had a condo on the beach in Fort Lauderdale for 20 years. I used to go to the big docks in Ft.L and in Miami - those aren't yachts ras - those are friggin aircraft carriers lol some of them had bigger tenders than my Rinker 226XL
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    @06Rinker270, yes the parade is form 6-8.  Come on up and enjoy!  Heck, give me a call afterwards and you can meet us at the boat for a drink.

I'd love to see a boat parade in Miami this time of year!

• 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I might just do that, putting my cover on Saturday and doing some clean up so we will see what time that ends.  This time of year having the boat 1.5 hours away sucks big time with the back and forth commute in one day.  If I make it out I will give you a shout.  
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270