x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Rinker News & Updates

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I have to say the lack of demo videos is disappointing.  One of my favorite things to check out when looking at the new line.

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my .02 here. I don't want this forum polluted with ads and pushing new product (aside from users mentioning pieces/parts etc we use).

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • artistofdesignartistofdesign Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Just my .02 here. I don't want this forum polluted with ads and pushing new product (aside from users mentioning pieces/parts etc we use).
    Agreed!!
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    All the Rinker promos that they have are right in the header at the top of the page. Follow them for everything in the Rinker universe. 

I really appreciate Rinker encouraging this forum to remain an objective place for real customers to discuss the pros and cons of these boats without the sales pitch or heavy handed censorship that might be inevitable if product issues arise. In todays market place it's actually a preferred marketing approach by the consumer which Rinker and many other mfgs that host similar customer driven forums obviously understand. Amazon reviews (in a slightly different way) is also a priceless way for the new consumer to decide between hype and reality.

Just sayin', Kudos to Rinker for NOT being intrusive.....and actually being generously supportive as a host here. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I agree with TikiHut (Mike). This is a great site and do not want to see it turn into an "Ad Site". Very thankful Rinker stepped up and provided the site and allows us to pretty much do as we want. Reveiws can be found all over the net. IMO......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    I guess I should have clarified.  I agree, keep the forum objective.  I just wish I could see more on the new line ups on the Rinker site.  Trying to show the admiral the 290 EC and have to show her eh 250 video along with the 290 pics.  Closest Rinker dealer is an hour away now and no new 290's on the lot.  I know that's not the only model with out a video.

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

edited November 2014

x

I bet most of us browse the forum on the 'current discussion' thread. So your post is seen by way more than just the thread you mentioned.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    edited November 2014

x

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I agree with Michael in that this News & updates should be a good place for the latest from Rinker.  & yes, I browse just as BD mentioned, so I'd take a look as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

edited November 2014

x

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    @Michael T ... WOW ... have the Internet down one day and you sure miss a good party! I think there are couple of different things here to be addressed. First, you will NEVER see Rinker overhyping any product news throughout this forum. However, you are right on the money with your observation of a fairly under-used News & Updates category. Good reason for this. Since we just launched in April, we have been right in the middle of new product development. Announcements for new models, accessories, major design changes, new materials, etc., really won't be finalized until August. You can be you guys will be the first to hear about all that as soon as the dealers get look. In fact, don't be surprised if we ask you from time to time about your opinions on certain things as we narrow choices down. All great ideas...thanks for this discussion! 
    Capt Steve: thanks for the update, supporting this board and letting it run 'free' for discussion.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Capt Steve that sounds awesome.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    edited November 2014

x

• TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea of a specific spot for all the hype that they can throw atcha and it sounds like MT brought it into the light.  :-bd  Honestly didn't notice the separate thread topic for it until MT pointed it out so bring it.

Of course a Factory sponsored Rinker new model day on the water somewhere and some marketing swag for these loyal contributors would be even more awesome.  <:-P
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    edited November 2014

x

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Stay tuned on that...and THANKS VERY MUCH for everyone's help in guiding this forum and making it a useful (and fun) place to hang out.
    edited November 2014

x

Michael, I'm gonna have to use that one with my son if you don't mind! ;)

edited November 2014

x

MT, it didn't take a "house on the water" to get them out.  13 years ago we had for 7 years a 24'.  Every year we did two 10 day trips on it (almost every year).  Did the same for 6 years on our 310.  We went to the boat last Wed and came back Sun evening (after just returning from the boat for 10 days that Sun 3 days before).  Just can't get enough!!

edited November 2014

x