Super Bowl

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2016 in Non-Boating Related
..... so,  no comments about the game?  I thought the offenses were both lacking and it was the defences who shone! As for the QBs,  I like Peyton as imo he has always been a class act but imo I hope he knows it's time to retire.  As for Cam imo he has a bright future - IF -  imo he learned some humility.  I was a high school receiver, I think  that's called a tight end in the US. I never ran around the field flapping my arms,  pointing at other guys or taking pretend selfies after I scored or made a good catch.  I always treated the defensive secondary with respect. My opinion of "in your face" behaviour is that it really pumps up the opposition and makes them want to drive you into the turf. When Cam picks the turf out of his teeth, his head clears and his bruises heal he should imo reflect on that a bit before next season.  BTW what sort of self-destruct button does Tarik (sp?) have - talk about dumb penalties. 
Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Beyonce sure was racist during the half time show. I thought Lady GaGa killed the Anthem. There is a reason Denvers D was #1. Its because they had 2 ex Cowboys! D Ware and Wade. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I thought the game was boring as heII. Cam has a long way to go. I cant believe that he did not try to jump on his fumble. No heart at all and acts like a baby. As far as Peyton goes, he is totally done. Go out as a Super Bowl winner and take the retirement. He threw for only a 140 yards in the SB and 160 in the AFC championship game. He was very lucky for his defense.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    First superbowl won exclusively by the defensive line.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I've always disliked Cam Newton. Last night just put it in stone for me. Deion Sanders hit the nail on the head though for sure
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Ray that it was a very boring game. Cam acted like a child after the game. If I was Peyton, I would go out on top. Denver is going to release him since he is a $16m cap hit next season. Would it be worth it to play another season for a crap team? He could go and drink a lot of Budweiser and work for ESPN as a commentator and still make a ton of cash.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • sixpacksummersixpacksummer Member Posts: 43
    He technically already works for Bud as he owns a couple of distributorships in Louisiana. I think he already plans to retire but is enough of a class act not to upstage the Super Bowl to announce it then. Cam Newton always said that playing is fun to him, easy to have fun when winning. Did not seem he was having much fun last night. I think he has a tremendous future ahead of him as long as he stays healthy, hard to do being the type of quarterback he is.
    No black quarterback has won the SB since Doug Williams. I think Cam can do it but defense wins championships. 
    Peyton also owns Papa Johns pizza and I thought it was a little tacky with the Budweiser comments.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga ... As a musician myself, I have enormous respect for her abilities, and the Admiral's playlist has several spots reserved for The Ga.  But when an artist sings a drawn-out, hyper-exaggerated National Anthem like she did, I just don't care for it.  The song has enough power and beauty without all of that nonsense.  Not my cup of tea.
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Peyton also owns Papa Johns pizza and I thought it was a little tacky with the Budweiser comments.

I read that Budweiser didn't pay him to say that, but I'm sure Budweiser appreciates that he did say it!
    2008 330EC
    He owns alcohol distribution company's.   

Everyone's coming down on Cam. The guys a great QB, and has a great team connection.  It was his first showing. He was dissapointed. Let the guy be. It's not like he is being an A$$ or anything. He played a clean game, and luck wasn't on his side. He's blaming himself, and beating himself up enough.

I respect him. He's done a lot for the community.

Let's not forget, Payton didn't do ANYTHING to win that game. He was a liability. His defense won it for him.  Still I respect him.  Good, clean football. But let's not try and compare Payton on that day to Cam.  Cam is the better QB.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Cam will never achieve what Payton has done. 
    MarkB I think your wrong on this. He is not a great QB he is a great runner. He has no heart. He backed away from a fumble at 6'5" 260lbs he should have stuck his head in there. His completion percentage is less than 50%. He has a long way to go.... IMO
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    How bout them Browns!!!??!!  :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

The Browns could be in big trouble with the league over this Johnny football thing at their last practice. Just so you will know. Johnny showed up drunk for the last practice but the Browns said he had a concussion. So we now have concussiongate.......LOL 
    But he didn't cheat
    Cam will never achieve what Payton has done. 
    That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying right now, today, Cam is a better quarter back then Payton. However, Cam has a long way to go to achieve what Payton has over his career.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Ray. I honestly think Cams nerves got to him. He can throw some good passes. And yes running opens up so many options for him. 

Broncos deserved to win that game but I just think Payton didn't have much to do with the win. If Brock was there the Broncos would have decimated the Panthers.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Mark I really dont think Cam Newton is as good as people think. He does not throw with much accuracy. He runs great but that could lead to injury. I dont think he has the head to read defenses and he has no heart. The Panthers had the weakest schedule in the league this year. There is no way that team should have had 18 wins. I am not a big Peyton fan as you can imagine but I dont think Brock would have made a difference in the game. Manning kept the offence in control even though he had 1 pick. He never panicked and I dont think Brock could have done that in the super bowl on with a hand full of games under his belt. @Handy get off the cheating BS we all know what goes on in these games.  
    Here you go everyone.................
    http://yourteamcheats.com/
    Ok Ray, quit sending that link LOL
    Sometimes the truth hurts.......LOL
    Yeah I was surprised to see Denvers 53 LOL
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    many high lights of the SB, first thing worth mentioning was when when the crowd  boo Brady ! nice job, Paton played smart, defence won the game, Cam has a good future, young strong kid, he will do ok, But I hope Paton retires, Half time was great except they could have left Beyonce at home, I heard they called Adell, and when she answered the phone all she could say was Hello!
    Boat Name : 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    randy56 said:
     I heard they called Adell, and when she answered the phone all she could say was Hello!
    LoL, that's a good one!!!!!
    2008 330EC