My "Old" 2013 EC 310 sold AGAIN! This Time She's headed back home - to the U.S.A.

13»

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016

@gtyee I like your extended week-end idea! I've been retired since 2006 so I know what a loooong weekend feels like, LOL

The oil in your 350 Mags as changed by me from Mercruiser factory break-in oil to full synthetic oil and HE (high efficiency) filters at 20 hours. The engine break-in RPM bands were strictly followed as per the manual and Mercruiser's instructions - I spoke with them many times at length regarding break-in and rpm band cruising during break-in.

Mercury PN for their HE filters is 35-892665

The oil filters were changed again at 40 hours and the oil "topped-up".

The oil and filters were changed to Mercruiser Semi Synthetic and HE filters at 60 hours. The change to semi-synthetic came after Mercruiser factory technicians said it was specially formulated to extend the life of their catalytic converter "bricks". Both oils were the same price so it wasn't that they wanted more money for an oil IMO.

BTW I was told the same thing by the guys at Mercury Racing when I went to do the first oil change for my 502s.

You may also wish to know that those 350s never burned a drop - well anything noticeable - in the way of oil during break-in or after. They are IMO the absolute perfect match for that boat.

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you just look for opportunity to lose money.
    edited March 2016
    Steve, I've had my own boats since I was 8 years old. I've always viewed it as a sport. It's pretty hard to have a sport that makes you money unless you're Tiger Woods! You want to play you have to pay......and shutting down sea rays, cruisers, chaparrals, formulas and scarabs has been so much fun over the years - I haven't even considered the cost. BTW do you think you'll get that 30K back from your boat lift or did you spend it on your boat?
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    some do less 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MT check your email I sent you regarding catalytic converters
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I will get that back MT and I wont lose 75G if I sold my boat either

'cause your boat isn't worth 75G LOL

• gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    MT Mercury and Rinker says your Old 310 isn't a catalytic boat and can't come to the US. Did you have cats put on in canada?
    Sent you a PM MG