I am selling Freebird

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would post on here that I will be selling Freebird at the end of Jan.

We are going to move up in the hills and their is no place to keep a boat of that size.

Will probably get a boat we can trailer to the lakes in the area where we will be moving to.

At 71 I am done with living in the city and just want to move to the hills and not have neighbors 50 feet away

from me.

I bought Freebird six and a half years ago for 45K (bank repo) and have loved  her ever since and will

miss her very much, as will all our kids and grand kids.

Sad day for me and Robyn.........

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• luckydogluckydog Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭

We did the same thing nearest neighbor 600 yards away, here’s a sunrise

Good luck

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Len best of luck....... Happy Holidays to you and your family
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    All the best Len and hope you find your paradise. Merry Christmas.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IT has been a pleasure Len, good luck and happy trails! If you feel like it send us some pictures of your new boat and new location. Don't be a stranger!
  • golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the search for a new home, hope you find what your looking for. Merry Christmas.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Good luck and remember you have friends here!  Would love to see pictures of your new location.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Hi all...

Just thought I would post the listing of Freebird. I moved it closer to the broker

on Feb. 1 to make it easier to show. We are asking $49950 and got a offer today for

$43000. We are not accepting it but are countering, let the haggling begin.

http://www.deltayachtsales.net/boats.html

We sure are going to miss her.

• majomamajoma Member Posts: 19
    Len, it's interesting that you got your boat as bank repo. Before getting my Rinker I had an opportunity to get a good deal on a Sea Ray 340 bank repo but I was afraid that those boats could end up to be a problem as they are known to have been neglected as far as maintenance is concerned. I would be curious to know how you found yours. Did you have to put money into it?

majoma...

The bank hired a broker which put it on yachtworld asking $65K. Went and looked at boat and offered $45K. Boat looked in great shape and had only 86 hours. The owners husband met younger woman and left for Mexico. Bank repro boat, then wife filed bankruptury. 5 months later court releases boat and bank accepts my offer. I knew gimble bearing in one out drive was bad when I made offer, so after buying I had both out drives rebuilt, bottom painted and purchased the radar and fishfinder displays which were missing. (antennas and wiring were there) Total cost after buying about $6K. Boat has been perfect for 7 years.

That was a great deal and it looks like, even after 7 years, you are not going to lose too much money even if you sell it at mid 40s for a quick sale. Good luck with your new boat.
    Did you ever sell the 340? Did you buy a new Rinker?

Hi all...

Have not sold boat yet. Turned down a low ball offer (43K) and broker is showing boat today to 2 parties. Spring is here and interest should pickup.

We listed our house on 3-16 at high end for our area (235K). On 3-21 we got  a full price offer (cash).. We paid 185K two and a half years ago. Nice profit but now we have no place to go. We have a offer accepted on a new place in the area where we want to live but the closings are about two week apart. For 50K I guess we can find a place to stay, maybe on the boat.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/21434-Robin-Ln_Pine-Grove_CA_95665_M26158-44577

Side note ..we looked a house (did not buy) that in the garage was a 182 Rinker, the house was empty so I don't know if they were just storing the boat there or what. I will contact the realtor to see if boat is for sale. It would be perfect boat for our new area (lakes and fishing) Boat was sold by same dealer as my boat. When I bought my boat the broker that drove the boat to a marina for survey used to work at a Sea Ray dealership, I was with him on the boat. He told me that if Rinker had a bigger presence in the area  Sea Ray would have lost a lot of business.

Anyway that's what going on right now.

Len

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know .....I have said this  many times. I love Freebird. When we had to sign the contract to sell the boat (which is in Robyn's name) she broke down and cried. 

The first time I took Robyn out on a boat we where friends. She told me she did not swim and did not like boats. When we cleared the no wake zone and I hit the gas she bowered her head in her lap, we where on 19ft bayliner capre with a 5 leter V8 Volvo. She sure has come a long way since then.

I will be looking for a trailer rinker next month because fish season upon us.

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
      Enjoyed your story. my wife was the same way, could'nt swim, hated water, and now after all these years and boats. She likes the Rinker the best. Robyn hopefully will be able to move on to the new chapter, back to where you started in a nice runabout. It will be fun for both of you.
    Boat Name : 

Good luck Len and Robyn! Happy trails!
    Accepted offer on the boat today. Sea trial next Friday. Now I have to find a trailer boat, hopefully a Rinker.

Yes, definitely a Rinker! Good luck with the ST I`m sure all will be well!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Good luck with the sell and happy trails!  Always come back here to friends.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Congrats. If you wait long enough, you can find someone who is willing to pay your asking price. Good luck with the sea trial. Keep us posted.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Good luck Len......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com