Blue Angels in Annapolis

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
Just a reminder that they'll be doing their show on May 25 again over the Naval Academy!  Sure was a great time last year & planning on doing it again this year!  If you see a couple all white Rinker 400s tied up that'll be us (probably with a couple 342s as well).  Stop by or tie up!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could join the Navy and see the Russian jets fly over daily as well  :)
  • RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Do you have room for another 342, we're wanting to do this!  Where are you leaving from ?
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    Dang I wanna do that.  I grew up seeing their show every year, amazing.  Thanks for sharing. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Living in Pensacola, I see them practicing all the time in the spring and summer.  But I still go to the show at the beach in July.  They do amazing things with those jets.
    Did they have an accident and had to stand down or was it budget cuts?
    edited April 2016
    I read budget, starting doing them every other year. 
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Handy, two years ago they had something happen in a show beforehand causing them to miss this performance.  Years prior it was budget cuts.

Ransnan,  We will be coming out of the South River.  I'd say you could either meet us at Thomas Point, or we could give you an approximate of where we'll be &/or a cell number.  I have found it sometimes a bit hard to plan if not following each other in, but with a little looking we won't be hard to locate either.  But, to answer you, yes, we'd definitely have room for another 342.

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016

Have you guys seen this blue angels video?  It's 3D.

Only works properly on a phone or iPad. Move your phone/ipad around in any direction to change the perspective. It's pretty awesome. Look at how close together they fly.

https://youtu.be/H6SsB3JYqQg

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for sharing, we get to see them every few years, had not seen this before cool.
    Boat Name : 

Mark, where was that video taken?
    Very cool video Mark!

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Handy, I don't know where it was taken. I first saw it on Facebook but found it on YouTube after looking for it again.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Well, it's gonna be mid 80's and light to no wind, less than 1ft waves.....hard to ask for anything better tomorrow!!!  They had a beautiful day today for their practice as well.  We've got 8 on board going and 3 other Rinkers (a couple 342s and a 350) tying up with us tomorrow!  We'll see you tomorrow Ransnan!  Been waiting all spring for a nice warm day!

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3D pan video works in Windows too.  You can look backwards and see the guy in the back seat filming the ride with his cell phone.

Go to the barrel roll at 4:17, and look out the side window.  Might want to bring a barf bag.  

I didn't realize they actually do the takeoff in formation.  Those planes are literally a few inches apart sometimes.  Hard to believe.
    edited May 2016
    @Dream_Inn make sure you post some pics please!  Super jealous I cant join you guys little too far for me given the time.  I may swing through by land if I can.  Been a fan of the Blue Angels since I was knee high to a grass hopper.  Cant beat the weather either, enjoy!

Hope to meet you soon!
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270
  • RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Dream Inn, thank you for saving us a GREAT spot today and letting us tie up with you, Nan and I had a wonderful time today, we both enjoyed meeting all of you, can't wait for the Rendezvous !!
    Sorry for the quick disconnect at the end.  We definitely had a fantastic time with you guys as well!  Can't wait to see you in July!  Have a great holiday weekend!

ok, I had a friend on board with a really nice camera...here are a few of the many many shots he took...

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Awesome pictures thanks for posting.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walked into my hangar this morning and found this.... Must have had a mechanical issue durning the Jones Beach Airshow.

2008 330EC
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great way to spend Memorial Day, on the boat watching angels, and Fat Albert 

Boat Name : 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received a phone call a little while ago from a former coworker from when I was in the air show business. He called to tell me that a Blue Angle just crashed and it looks like the pilot didn't make it. Let's hope for the best, very sad.
    2008 330EC
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, heard that too- they used to fly here every year in Sanford, FL. Was neat watching them practice during the week. The risk in what they do is huge but have inspired so many others into service. Thoughts go out to the entire family...