Options

Anyone have Seadek on a 342?

buggyjdavbuggyjdav Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
Spoke to Seadek, they don't have a specific template for an 04 342, wondering if anyone installed using the template the do have for a 342? If so did it fit well? Thank you 

Comments

• Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    I have Seadek on my swim platform.  It's been a while since I installed it but I thought Seadek had a template for 2003 342. I made my own template because I have a mount on the swim platform for a Magma grill. Making the template was a pretty simple process.
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    I just put seadek on my 04 342 and their template fit fine
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    I put Seadek on my 05 342 with their template and it fits fine. I also did a couple of other areas...I'll post pics later tonight.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Do you guys happen to have a pic of your swim platform on the 342 with the Seadek installed? I am ordering Seadek for my 04 342 and wanted to see if my platform is any different than the template they have. Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    Hey buggyjdav, I've got a couple pictures on my phone that you can look at. These were taken very late last year when there was only a few boats left in the marina. The ducks never bother my boat until there are no other boats to use. One of the pictures shows duck crap all over the swim platform. The other picture shows my attempt to keep the ducks off the platform which was mostly successful. These also show how easily the Seadek cleans up.
    I went with gray and black because of the black canvas and black pad on bow also changing pinstripe from blue/gold to black/gold and mostly because that's what the wife wanted.  Jerry.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! What is the ballpark price for just the swim platform(without upper step)?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duck caca was free! I like the look! Do you get algae growing around the edges from holding water?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    JMGINWV342JMGINWV342 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I installed SeaDek on mine in 2012 --- 2005 342.

I ordered the one they had listed for a 342 and it worked fine.

• Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    Does the Black/Gray Seadek get hot in summer?
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    elarson5757elarson5757 Member Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Hamdog said:
    Does the Black/Gray Seadek get hot in summer?
    No in fact I've been told by many that the dark brown gets warmer than the grey even. 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    FYI, fishing line works very well keeping ducks off, but you need to remember it's there.  One piece about a foot up across the back will do it.  Our marina uses some along a long piece of dock and amazing it works well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    my templates i made for my 310 are in the "drawing phase" with Seadek. Next week they will begin the "production phase" that lasts 10 days, then they will ship out to me. I got the swim platform and helm area done in faux teak with the Rinker logo on the Swim platform and boat name on the helm pad. Cost quoted was $800ish
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Also, I began this journey by ordering the template kit on 4/20, today is 5/16 and i expect it to take another month or so before i have the finished product in my hands. So, dont be in too much of a rush to get these...lol
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    I can't remember what I paid but I think I have the invoice on the boat or at work. I will try to look it up for you. I've had no problems with algae or any thing else for that matter. Also I haven't had any issues with heat what so ever. An additional plus for the Seadek is it's non slip properties. The non slip on my swim platform seemed to be wearing down, it was a bit slippery when wet. The Seadek seems to have better grip when it gets wet. I love the the stuff and would like to put in it the cockpit just not sure if it's in the budget this year (daughter getting married this September).
  • Options
    When I did my swim platform 2 years ago, it cost me around $550

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Last year I added this....along with the step from the platform into the boat

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Dan looks great! Hope to do that in the coming years!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Thanks everyone, I started the order process and will post pics in a few weeks 
  • Options
    dtwilson110dtwilson110 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    This is my 2003 Rinker 342.  I hope to do the cockpit soon.
  • Options
    dtwilson110dtwilson110 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
  • Options
    ^^^^^^ Hope you did a proper de-renaming ceremony!!.....Looking good BTW.
  • Options
    ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    I love the look of this and the fact my platform is quite slippery  h2ws me wanting to do this to my platform only. My 2003 312 is 36" by 124". Anyone have a template pdf or other diagram. I the 2003 and 04 312 and the 2005 thru 2008 320 have the same platform I believe.  Any help is much appreciated. 
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI 
  • Options
    CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Check out Marine Mat as well.  
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • Options
    natalee520natalee520 Member Posts: 21
    @Aprice did you ever get a template? I have an 05 320 and am looking to do the same thing. Not on any of the websites (SD, MM, others) so I thought I’d check here. Thank you!
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    The other thing to look for is a year and model that is identical to yours.

I have a 2014 310 EC, which Marine Mat doesn't list, but they have a 2017 320 EX listed -- which is the identical match to mine.

Only reason I know this is I ordered via Rinker from Marine Mat and the 2017 happens to be their "master" template for that model. Don't know why Marine Mat just doesn't list all possible years and model numbers, but that's the way they do it.