310 EC Sony Radio has no cockpit speaker sound

gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
The Sony radio on my 2013 310 works great but only working in lower cabin and nothing on the 4 speakers in the cockpit. When I adjust the fade to rear I get nothing at all and don't know if there is a separate switch? Any ideas

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @gtyee, I'll have to see if I made notes on that. I know it took me a couple of days "goofing around" to figure out that system as it had a lot of options when you scrolled through the screens.  Once I got it going it was a good system. Have you looked at the back of the unit to se if all connections are correct? Have you looked at the amp to see if the fuse has been blown on the amp. I "think" the sony head powers the cabin speakers but the amp powers the cockpit speakers? Everything worked 100% when the knob who purchased it after me but who knows what settings he programmed into it or if he blew a fuse. It all worked decent as the Admiral and her friends like to dance LOL!
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    I'll have to check the fuse because I remember it working on sea trial. Too many buttons!! Thanks MT

• howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    You really need to study the books for the radio and the amplifier.  Mine had been set to use the "rear" speakers in the sub-woofer mode, which are the 4 speakers out in the cockpit.  Since they are not a real sub-woofer, you couldn't hear them without turning off the sub-woofer mode.  Took me a couple of hours to figure out all the options, modes, filters, and settings when I first bought the boat.
  • jimmystoyjimmystoy Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    The head unit should power up by turning on cockpit controls and the cabin speakers should work without the external amp being powered. The speakers topside should be wired to the external amp. They will work only when the amp is powered on, usually by switching on either one of your batteries.
  • robinsnestrobinsnest Member Posts: 3
    Try setting the radio to factory default. I had a similar problem, looked at the manual and made the adjustment. 
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Check the settings/power on the amplifier!  mine was turned way down, had same problem, soon as I boosted the power up, speakers woke up.
  • gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Where is this amplifier located?
    @gtyee, is your Sony the CDX-M20 with an RM-X60 Remote? If it is the amplifier is built-in. It should have 58 watts X 4 ....Have you googled the model on a Sony website to see if they have trouble shooting advice? If you have and there's nothing trhere I'd call Sony directly. I know it was a pita for me to set-up originally as someone at the dealership had been fooling around with it when the boat was being PDI'd. But once we got it working it was very decent! My guess is that the p.o. messed-up the settings and has powered down a fader or changed a setting to ipod or something.
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    @gtyee, my amp is located above the electrical panel behind a small wood panel, 4 screws remove the panel.  I have a 2005 300, basically the predecessor to your boat, but with the complete redesign I don't know where they put it.  You should have an amp because most head units can only handle four speakers max, regardless of watts, there are only four outputs.  If you have more than four speakers, you should have an amp somewhere. 
    @gtyee, give Rinker a call or one of the big Rinker dealers near you. You have had to screw around with this too long and need a definitive answer.
  • 06Rinker27006Rinker270 Member Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue and had to switch channels on the amp to get sound.  Find the amp, find a switch, start switching.
    Patrick
    06 Rinker 270