Options

Whoever posted about the leak under the head sink...Thanks!!

BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
Working on boat today, I  washed it. Noticed a little later, water in the mid bilge.....Ah man.....windows leaking??......checked them close, couldn't see any wetness. THEN I remembered a post about hoses under sink leaking....and I had system pressurized. Pulled storage compartment out, and hot line was leaking where fitting goes on to metal line. Quick tighten and no leak. Love this forum,!!
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    It had me going for days. But it's such a simple solution. Good luck Terry
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good maintenance to check fittings yearly
  • Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

So happy it was a quick fix!

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    HedgeHedge Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Hi Guys ... I need your help. We bought a 2006 342 and  just got home from a ten day trip getting it home (Lake Champlain to  Trent Severn) boat ran great and we are very pleased with it  but after a couple of days we noticed the carpet was wet in the aft cabin storeage locker. So I checked, sea cocks okay, no abnormal amount of water in bilge pump areas and water pump not coming on occasionally to indicate a leak in the system. Had a small wet vac so each night I vaccumed out the locker and would get about a quart and thought I was okay to get home. The Galley has a wood floor and now we are seeing water coming up the wall of carpet in front of the head. So doesn't my leak have to be on the drain of either the head or galley sink or vacu flush system for the toilet? So finally my million dollar question, how do you access these areas to check the fittings? Many thanks in advance.  
  • Options
    lionelzlionelz Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    That was me that had that issue last year and it was my first post on here.  But in fairness credit has to go to someone else who suggested the toilet sink.  Pleased it helped someone else.