280 EC storage

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey 280EC owners... Have any of you added a door behind the cockpit fridge/under the sink to gain the storage space there? When I lift out the trash can, there seems to be a lot of space. I was thinking a door so I could place my portable generator in there rather than in the engine room.
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Cableguy Greg I was just thinking about this this past weekend. The fridge takes up a lot of the space that is accessible from the deck though. I feel like a lot of the space is under the trash bin/along the port side of the boat. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Somewhat related, I have often pondered locating a cockpit air conditioner in that space aboard our 342.
    @TonyWalker the 342s dont already have the cockpit units? I thought they did. hmmm. Would be great to have especially with the camper top up!
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    That would be nice but unfortunately they don't.  I saw a 342 with one added by her owner.  It was located in the compartment beneath the side seat.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jme097 said:
    @Cableguy Greg I was just thinking about this this past weekend. The fridge takes up a lot of the space that is accessible from the deck though. I feel like a lot of the space is under the trash bin/along the port side of the boat. 
    I just feel like there is some valuable space under there. A double door unit would probably be needed because it is tight in that area. I have stored extra fenders in there in the past. It is a slight inconvenience lifting out the trash can to get the stuff out. @TonyWalker , there is enough space for an A/C unit there...
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Good thought. I've often thought that was wasted space as well. Let me know if you come up with something. The extra storage would be nice! 
    Trust me, I would love to keep a portable generator there when not in use but I just dont think it will be easily accessible but definitely am willing to give it a shot. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know Tiki did that on his 270- they have a spot for a cooler that is worthless. I pulled the can out and throw my extra fenders in there so far but would like a door and fix up some more storage in there...not sure for what but for something!
    Go Steelers!!!
    Well... I went to the boat today. With the trash can out, I could probably sneak a generator into that location. It would be very tight because the fridge takes up a lot of room. I don't want to lose the trash can or the fridge, so I guess this is not a great idea...
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Cableguy Greg that is exactly the problem!