Boat drinks

diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
Looking for a simple tropical drink recipes that I can have pre-made and just add the rum/alcohol before serving... Going on a 4-5 day cruise without the kids and we're staying on the hook. No generator so that means no blender. Need to mix something up at home and keep it in a thermos/cooler that the admiral will enjoy. 

Comments

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    Malibu rum has a perfect site for what you're looking for.  
    Couldn't post the link. 
    If you have a good cooler my wife mixes these drinks and pours then into sandwich bags, Ziploc type,and freezes them. when they turned to slush you could just stick a straw in the bag,we do this for concerts. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Crystal Lite fruit punch (The little package that makes 1 16.9oz bottle of water) mixed with Grey Goose. East to make and delish......... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to try something a little different?  Light and refreshing (although not exactly tropical) ... all of the Admirals I run with love them.

Cucumber Martini

1 shot vodka
    1 shot fine-shredded cucumber
    1/2 to 1 shot of simple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
    3 shots water
    Shake and pour in a tall glass with lots of ice

I always pre-mix in quantity and store cold.  To make the simple syrup, put water in a pan and add lots of sugar - heat (do not boil) and stir until all of the sugar dissolves.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

@raybo, come on, out with the watermelon mai tai recipe!  If you do, maybe I'll tell my mai tai recipe.  But here is one I make for the admiral that isn't too strong, but tasty:

1 part coconut rum (I usually add a bit more)

1 part sweet & sour mix

1 part pineapple juice

1 part orange juice (we use peach mango V8 fusion light instead of pineapple and orange juice - get your veggies at the same time!  LOL!)

splash of grenadine

splash of sprite 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@DI diggin said simple......lol Watermelon Mai Tai: 60% 3-Olive watermelon vodka (hard to find but trust me needs to be 3-Olive) 30% mai tai mix 10% sour mix splash of grenadine. Put in a blender with a slice of watermelon and ice. Enjoy!!!!!! Best drink ever.......... Just say'n.........LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems this topic comes up every 3 months LOL
  • jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Was just thinking that Handy LOL. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3

Sure does come up often, but always a new one worth trying!

Can't say I've ever heard of 3-olive watermelon vodka, but I do have a place that I'm sure has it.  Mai Tai mix though, come on, isn't that cheating.  Gotta make it all from scratch.

Dare I give up my recipe here...This one took lots of time and effort by me and my brother-in-law.  Completely came up with it after a full weekend of trying different things.  It is award-winning (yes, I've won contests with it)...

(Remember where you got this one from!! :) )

2 parts rum (use your favorite or mix light/dark - I usually use a light rum or coconut)

1/2 part amaretto

1/2 part triple sec

1.5 part lime juice

1 part grenadine

1/2 part water

I premix it into a gallon jug & I'll water it down more on hot days so I get my intake of water and not be too loaded too quickly! LOL!

DI I am telling you. Try the WM Mai Tai its the best. I once got almost the whole yacht club drunk once There was a line at my boat. It was the funniest thing you would ever want to see. Went through a whole case of vodka........
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad I dont drink hard liquor. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malibu makes premade rum punch. I pour that over ice with some pineapple juice.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!

@raybo3,  I'm gonna listen to you and buy some of that funky vodka.  You'd better be right! :)  But seriously, what is Mai Tai mix?  Is it just one of those that you'd find next to the sweet & sour mix?  or do you use a particular one?

Handy, we are really glad you don't drink hard liquor either!

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm going to have to try some of these recipes out before I leave.... I'm gonna need a bigger boat w/generator and blender!!! WOO HOO!!! Not sure which recipe I'll use, but I'm going to use the ziplock/slushy idea that Trashman posted... 
    Dream_Inn said:

@raybo3,  I'm gonna listen to you and buy some of that funky vodka.  You'd better be right! :)  But seriously, what is Mai Tai mix?  Is it just one of those that you'd find next to the sweet & sour mix?  or do you use a particular one?

Handy, we are really glad you don't drink hard liquor either!

DI yeah Mai Tai mix is in the liquor store near all the other mixes. If you like Watermelon you will love this drink. Also do you like spicy bloodymarys? 5 peppers BM mix is the best IMO.....LOL
    I'm not a BM fan at all.  Not sure of watermelon.  Had the watermelon ritas (bud light) and wasn't that thrilled.  I do like most of their other ritas.

• NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Best Watermelon drink ever:

I hate Coconut........................... 
    This just happened:they're in the freezer now... Measured out to fit into our new 30oz RTIC cups... 4 more days to go!!
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang diggin, don't just hate it when that happens  :)
    Boat Name : 

• TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    lots of good drink ideas so far. No need to remove from the bag, just add a straw. It's like an adult juice bag, lol. 
    Diggin, Those things are a hit with the ladies, I've learned.  They are quite a novelty and they disappear quick!  ...depending on the admiral, can be a good or bad thing, lol.
    Here's me and the admiral making ziplock drinks disappear. 
    That's the plan Trashman!!!